New Profile Posts

1. markallen
    markallen catrafter
    Not specifically a Marantz question, though in this case it is in a 2245.

Getting a steady, high, static-y sounding noise in R ch. Subtle. It's in the preamp section; separate that out, no noise.

Noisy 2SA493 or 2SC1000 transistor on the P400?

Question: Is hfe matching a tone board factor, or can I simply replace the transistors? Or might this noise be a something else?

Thanks.

Mark
    Bismarck, ND
  2. plazmaplanna
    plazmaplanna Recpro
    Hey bud,

Hope those Quadraflex's worked out for you.

Got a bunch of speakers I am trying to unload (not for free though) if you're interested.

Also wouldn't mind a trip up there to take a look at your stocks.

Hope all is well.

SIncerely,
    Conrad
  3. Poinzy
    Poinzy
    Do you want to REALLY look stupid? Call thrift store workers stupid then tell everyone you shop in thrift stores.
  4. TV Engineer
    TV Engineer Swandog
    I don't know if you're willing to wait that long, but I will be in your area mid July, and could pick it up then. What kind of cash were you looking for?
  5. Harryconover
    Harryconover kln138
    Bi amping is usely better remember that the combined power of the amps. Used to bianp provides is up too four times that of the same combined power in a mono amped system , also when the system clips (all systems clip) in a mono system this effects all frequencies in a bi amp type only the low end , and humens are much more sensitive to the distortion caused at high frequencys this gives you more headroom .
  6. JGillette
    JGillette bobrown14
    Hi Bobrown14, I'm new to this site. I have a Crown SL2, are you still looking for one? I thought I'd ask you before putting on Ebay. Jon
  7. Snilsen13
    Snilsen13
    Also log in as Snilsen.
  8. mattstech
    mattstech
    JBL 4311A, Sansui 350, Sony PS-LX2 w/Ortofon Omega
  9. SF_Mark
    SF_Mark
    Kids have graduated, time to get back into good music........
  10. Poinzy
    Poinzy
    If I had to make a turntable the centerpiece of my livingroom sound system, an idler-wheel deck would be the LAST thing I'd choose.
  11. Poinzy
    Poinzy
    The only "sound" an idler-wheel drive turntable has is rumble.
  12. mystictmoose
    mystictmoose
    just getting back into the audio again. It all was on hold while kids grew up. LOL
  13. C2rice
    C2rice
    Why do kamakazi pilots wear helmets???
    1. Harryconover
      Harryconover
      Habit
      May 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM
  14. Pup
    Pup nolasally
    Hi,

Tell me about the NS500 woofer? Same spec as my NS690? No mods to my cabinet needed? Price? Shipping ? location....

I thought the NS500 had 10" woofers....

My NS690 needs a 12 I think

So many questions...

thanks

Bob
  15. PabloTincho
    PabloTincho doug s.
    Do you have the email of Bob for a mod ><
  16. HypnoToad
    HypnoToad
    I'm just a guy who can mess with electronics, they start out as electronics and end up in a mess.
  17. Tim64
    Tim64
    More of a Budgetphile good sound on a shoestring budget
    1. Harryconover
      Harryconover
      Yes good sound systems require matching components into a good system this is pretty easy with a large bugged doing it low cost is real hard , but can be done well , that's the challenge
      May 24, 2017 at 9:38 AM
      Tim64 likes this.
  18. Tim64
    Tim64
    More of a Budgetphile
  19. PabloTincho
    PabloTincho modge
    is the Hitachi ft5500 the best tuner you have ?
  20. PabloTincho
    PabloTincho markallen
    hey I just got a Technics Sa-423, and there is a problem with the fm, the fm tuner does not match the station, is off by .1 mega hz, any idea how to fix it ?