Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

If Joe says I'm a friend of Bill and you say "I'm in AA, too." in a public forum; I think you just outed Joe. No?

I don't think so. I think Joe outed himself by declaring to be a friend of Bill. Outing someone would be if I come on to a public forum where Joe hasn't posted and tell folks that he's also a member of our little club...

In one example Joe chose to participate, and in the other he did not.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. Congrats on the sobriety guys. 427 I say load the house up with tube gear & Altec speakers keeps the head in the right direction. Funny it occurred to me the other day my Altec 820 cabinets are 65 years old. The black drivers were replaced with all matching green equipment from 1957 I think. And sound truly amazing

Last edited:
I stopped drinking on March 6, 1987. In doing so, I saved my life and took a fresh direction.

I made a lot of new friends, earned a college degee, got married, divorced, had a child and learned to fight ESRD.

Two of my best friends from the old days are now deceased. They were supportive of me and my walk. I think of them as one died snorting coke and the other drankhimself to death. I lost another friend to AIDS after he had a few years sobriety. He ran into some people he knew who used and before long was shooting coke. That is how he got infected. It cost him his life.

I worked with his mother. He was the only child and his passing absolutely destroyed her.

This is serious stuff.

Back
Top Bottom