Today's Canadian playlist...

Bruce Cockburn
Lutheran Student Movement Canada National Study Conference
Hastings Lake, Mulhurst
Alberta, Canada
30-31 August 1979

Sure, Ian & Sylvia. Plus Amos Garrett from Detroit, practically in Canada.
Holger loves that stuff. I'm going off memory here, but I'm pretty sure I have some Saturday Night Blues show where he had Amos on, and they played some GSB. Maybe even some live Amos.
If I come across it I'll share it. My SNB recording collection is a mess, though.

Speaking of which, I spun my FM recording of MonkeyJunk at the 2009 Ottawa blues festival before bed last night. I don't think I even made it through the second song before I crashed. Trick or treating is friggin exhausting.

Holger loves that stuff. I'm going off memory here, but I'm pretty sure I have some Saturday Night Blues show where he had Amos on, and they played some GSB. Maybe even some live Amos.
If I come across it I'll share it. My SNB recording collection is a mess, though.

Speaking of which, I spun my FM recording of MonkeyJunk at the 2009 Ottawa blues festival before bed last night. I don't think I even made it through the second song before I crashed. Trick or treating is friggin exhausting.
Amos Garrett is an amazing guitar player. He does the best `Sleepwalk`that I`ve ever heard.

Amos Garrett is an amazing guitar player. He does the best `Sleepwalk`that I`ve ever heard.
He really is.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him live before, but I can't place it.
I think I just get confused with all of the live stuff I've heard with him on SNB over the years. He seems to be a go-to guy as a backup player for a lot of people. I'm pretty sure he and his crew were the "house band at large" at the folk fest here for a number of years.

Bruce Cockburn
Rumours Of Glory (2014)
*Discs 3 & 4
I'll be joining you soon with that one.

Also just checked my email, and amazon says my copy of "Paul Reddick - Revue: The Best Of" will be landing on my doorstep this afternoon.
I have most of what's on it already, but there's some other stuff that I don't have that I'm looking forward to hearing again in proper, non-streaming quality. It will get a spin as soon as I crack it open.

Bruce Cockburn
Rumours Of Glory (2014)
*Discs 7 & 8

That's all of 'em. After these, the the DVD of a live performance by Bruce that is part of the box set.

Leonard Cohen had a back up singer who went on to great things, and she recorded an album of his songs. I'm not sure if this qualifies, but Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat has many classics on it. The recording is very good. I've got 3 versions of this, the original cd, the original vinyl and the anniversary re-released cd. Some highlights are First We Take Manhattan, Bird on a Wire, Ain't no Cure For Love, and Bernadette.

Edit: Being that Cohen recently passed I've been appreciating how good he was with the pen.

Last edited:
Leonard Cohen had a back up singer who went on to great things, and she recorded an album of his songs. I'm not sure if this qualifies, but Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat has many classics on it. The recording is very good. I've got 3 versions of this, the original cd, the original vinyl and the anniversary re-released cd. Some highlights are First We Take Manhattan, Bird on a Wire, Ain't no Cure For Love, and Bernadette.

Edit: Being that Cohen recently passed I've been appreciating how good he was with the pen.
This counts as all the songs were written by Cohen, plus he sings on one cut.

Back
Top Bottom