McIntosh C47 Firmware V1.00

After 5 weeks today i received my new C47:banana:

It has a newer firmware on it, but not the newest on......V 1.01 instead V 1.00

The USB input is complete now and intact.

But it still doesn't play DSD256 files as DSD.

It shows only 352,8 kHz. I still use Audirvana.

My dealer gave me an AudioResearch GSI75 the last two weeks. With the AR Audirvana was able to play DSD256 files.....strange.

Any ideas?

I still don't know where the problems come from. The program, the usb cable or the C47?

I also have an album (REM - Murmur) that doesn't play correct. on some songs the bass drum does't sound correct. The original file is 192 kHz. If i play the songs at 96kHz or 384kHz everything sounds fine.....

i just changed the USB cable - no positive effect

The USB cable will either work or it wont. There is no in-between, you would be very quickly aware if there was a problem with it.

I still don't know where the problems come from. The program, the usb cable or the C47?

I also have an album (REM - Murmur) that doesn't play correct. on some songs the bass drum does't sound correct. The original file is 192 kHz. If i play the songs at 96kHz or 384kHz everything sounds fine.....

That is not a resolution issue.....
What do you mean the bass drum doesn't sound correct? What is it supposed to sound like? Why would the wrong resolution change just the sound of the bass drum?

There is something else going on here if that is the case.

I never had much luck with Audirvana, I didn't like it at all, found it too convoluted as I may have already said earlier in the thread.

What computer are you using? All the C47 is doing is displaying what it is being sent. The C47 is not telling the computer or program what to do.
I think you may need to go and sort out the computer settings.

The USB cable will either work or it wont. There is no in-between, you would be very quickly aware if there was a problem with it.
The bassdrum sounds "distorted" with a certain crackling at its original resolution of 192kHz. The bass drum is way to loud. Whe you change the resolution to 96 or 352.... everything sounds correct.

Your thoughts that something is not right with my computer settings could be the solution, but what is not right.....

My iMac is a 2011 model intel core 5 with 12 GB RAM. Not a hightec-monster but i had no problems so far with it.

Do you had any ideas what i habe to check in my settings?

Thanks a lot for your input so far!:thumbsup:

What do you mean the bass drum doesn't sound correct? What is it supposed to sound like? Why would the wrong resolution change just the sound of the bass drum?

I never had much luck with Audirvana, I didn't like it at all, found it too convoluted as I may have already said earlier in the thread.

What computer are you using? All the C47 is doing is displaying what it is being sent. The C47 is not telling the computer or program what to do.

The bassdrum sounds "distorted" with a certain crackling at its original resolution of 192kHz. The bass drum is way to loud. When you change the resolution to 96 or 352.... everything sounds correct.

Your thoughts that something is not right with my computer settings could be the solution, but what is not right.....

My iMac is a 2011 model intel core i5 with 12 GB RAM. Not a hightec-monster but i had no problems so far with it.

Do you had any ideas what i habe to check in my settings?

Thanks a lot for your input so far!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I guess it has something to do with my iMac or my Audirvana Plus program.
My first C47 had the 1.00 firmware. My new one has the 1.01 firmware on it. Same issue for DSD256 files......

Maybe my iMac has not the power to handle DSD256.
It is a Mid 2011 model with i5 core processor and 12GB Ram.

This definitely isn't the problem. I would however see if you can find an alternative to Audirvana to play DSD files to try some different variables. I'd suggest maybe a free trial of HQplayer or Roon.

(I'd selfishly prefer Roon as this is what I use, and I'm currently trying to sell myself on a C47 but am worried about fiddly firmware)

Just tried the HQplayer with the DSD256 songs - these can't be played native!
Maybe it is a firmware problem of the C47.........it has the firmware of the C52!

Last edited:
Just tried the HQplayer with this the DSD256 songs can't be played native!
Maybe it is a firmware problem of the C47.........it has the firmware of the C52!

Does DSD work at all? As I understand HQplayer, it converts all PCM to DSD. So can you make anything work with HQplayer, or is it just the DSD256 that doesn't work?

Hey Guys, this may not be the right thread but have a question on the C47. I am using the HT Bypass mode paired with a new Pioneer Elite AVR. Question. So both volume controls are used? I have a MC452 that drives the mains. The AVR driving center and rears. Just hooked it up last night and noticed that both volume controls are active and need to work together. So how does one know to get the right balance? The C47 has to be loud enough to drive the mains...and yet the Elite AVR needs to be at the right level to drive the Center and Rears. Was thinking that when this is set up that the AVR would be the master volume source for 5.1 movies.

Back
Top Bottom