• Roger Waters

Votes: 49 12.8%
  • I don't like Pink Floyd!

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Who's Pink Floyd?

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Undecided, I like both Equally

Votes: 75 19.5%
  • What's Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett?

Votes: 30 7.8%

• Total voters
It seems that the concepts that Roger explores in both his Floyd and his solo work are above your abilities to grasp them.:confused:

It seems that the concepts that Roger explores in both his Floyd and his solo work are above your abilities to grasp them.:confused:
Well, that is what free will is all about. I appreciate Waters, as a bassist, he's nothing special. As a song writer, Outstanding. Just never took a liking to his solo stuff. Have a couple albums and never even listen to them. I prefer the Floyd sound (after Syd) and that is what Gilmour continues to bring, but with new concepts .

Also what you are inferring is a direct insult to the intelligence to those who prefer Gilmour over Waters. It is personal preference and has nothing to do with the ability to grasp anything. To each their own. This forums rules are very specific about being respectful to others. Maybe you should read the R&R's again?

That's true. And after Syd dropped out the band soldiered on and made a good living selling Muzak.
This thread was started for those who are Floyd fans, be it Gilmour, Waters or both. If you don't like Floyd, why post here at all? No Trolling here please.

Also what you are inferring is a direct insult to the intelligence to those who prefer Gilmour over Waters. It is personal preference and has nothing to do with the ability to grasp anything. To each their own. This forums rules are very specific about being respectful to others. Maybe you should read the R&R's again?
A little touchy, are we? I meant no specific insult to any specific person or persons. My personal preference is for Roger Waters' work from a cerebral viewpoint, David Gilmour is great from a musical standpoint, I happen to love his guitar work. The combination of the two of them resulted in some rather fantastic music. Peace to all.

A little touchy, are we? I meant no specific insult to any specific person or persons. My personal preference is for Roger Waters' work from a cerebral viewpoint, David Gilmour is great from a musical standpoint, I happen to love his guitar work. The combination of the two of them resulted in some rather fantastic music. Peace to all.
""It seems that the concepts that Roger explores in both his Floyd and his solo work are above your abilities to grasp them.:confused:""

"above your abilities to grasp them" If that's not an insult, then Gilmour and Waters were never in Pink Floyd. But Yeah, Let's go peace to all.

Last edited:
This thread was started for those who are Floyd fans, be it Gilmour, Waters or both. If you don't like Floyd, why post here at all? No Trolling here please.
I deleted the post - and not because I'm worried about being scolded for trolling. I deleted it because the OP initially restricted the thread to post-Syd personnel. So you're right - I couldn't give a rat's ass about who's cooler - Gilmour or Waters.

Having said that - Gilmour gets points cuz he tried to help Syd get through some studio sessions. Waters is just a douche from what I've heard from recent concert goers. I did vote for Syd in the poll but I won't make any more comments about him. Those belong in a different thread IMHO.

I deleted the post - and not because I'm worried about being scolded for trolling. I deleted it because the OP initially restricted the thread to post-Syd personnel. So you're right - I couldn't give a rat's ass about who's cooler - Gilmour or Waters.

Having said that - Gilmour gets points cuz he tried to help Syd get through some studio sessions. Waters is just a douche from what I've heard from recent concert goers. I did vote for Syd in the poll but I won't make any more comments about him. Those belong in a different thread IMHO.
Agree with you there, maybe just my misunderstanding. Gilmour is a stand-up man. I've just never heard Floyd and Muzak used in the same sentence.

hey ghonk, i was at that show at wrigley and it was great. when the pig came floating down it was a massive feeding frenzy, it was tore to pieces within seconds. i have seen the gilmour-waters floyd, gilmour-floyd, and roger waters solo and the gilmour-waters version was by far the best, more about the music than say waters wall tour in which he started injecting his politics into. so im undecided in this poll, gilmour better music, waters better show. oh and by the way roger waters is bringing the us and them tour to the united center in chicago july 22 and 23rd, im in for the 23 date. you can youtube desert trip for a preview.

David Gilmour for sure. Roger Waters is a real JERK, He made the band start paying Richard Wright union scale instead of pay for an equal member of the band. Pink Floyd would not have been the same band without keyboards. Waters said that Wright made no contribution to the band what so ever, what a Jerk! Its funny how Pink Floyd went right along without Waters. There is nothing uglier then when one band member thinks they are the whole band, the list goes on. Deep Purple, the Quess Who, and on and on! TMHO............:thumbsdown:

I don't think I've posted in this thread before even though I voted (Gilmour) so I'll add my two cents. I came into Floyd kinda backwards. Aside from the ubiquitous "Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2" I don't think I'd really heard any Floyd until Jr. High when I got a copy of "Momentary Lapse of Reason". I loved that album but didn't have the resources we do now adays so didn't really expand my Floyd horizons till much later. My exposure leaned very heavily post Waters until a good bit after that when I got Dark Side and The Wall. I'm only now really exploring some of the other early stuff. Due to that I am a HUGE fan of Gilmour's guitar work and also enjoy listening to him on Vocal. I like Waters just fine but I don't have the same love for him that I do Gilmour.

Just as an interesting data point, my PF full album exposure probably went in this order:
MLOR, Wall, DSOT, Divison Bell, DSOTM, Pulse, WYWH, Meddle, Saucerful, Animals, Endless Rivers, More Relics
I have yet to hear PATGOD, Ummagumma, AHM, Obscured by Clouds or Final Cut

Last edited:
I don't think I've posted in this thread before even though I voted (Gilmour) so I'll add my two cents. I came into Floyd kinda backwards. Aside from the ubiquitous "Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2" I don't think I'd really heard any Floyd until Jr. High when I got a copy of "Momentary Lapse of Reason". I loved that album but didn't have the resources we do now adays so didn't really expand my Floyd horizons till much later. My exposure leaned very heavily Post Waters until a good bit after that when I got Dark Side and The Wall. I'm only now really exploring some of the other early stuff. Due to that I am a HUGE fan of Gilmour's guitar work and also enjoy listening to him on Vocal. I like Waters just fine but I don't have the same love for him that I do Gilmour.

Just as an interesting data point, my PF full album exposure probably went in this order:
MLOR, Wall, DSOT, Divison Bell, DSOTM, Pulse, WYWH, Meddle, Saucerful, Animals, Endless Rivers, More Relics
I have yet to hear PATGOD, Ummagumma, AHM, Obscured by Clouds or Final Cut
The most important thing is that you've discovered the Floyd. Do you have a Favorite Album To Date? PS> Is that your dog with what looks like a Cigar in its' mouth? :)

Back
Top Bottom