Esoteric question about player software and flac file formats

Moon_Man

Dreps Crone Maze
Subscriber
I'll keep it short. I have a boatload of live concert recordings in FLAC format that have song listings that are not descriptive of the actual material. What shows up on Foobar or any other software shows stuff like "??" for song title and the file name might be "1983-9-15 shn....." I'm just wondering if anyone who has had this similar issue has found any work-around or ways to integrate file data into a screen display.

Thanks!

I use Mp3 Tag to do mass tag changes. A quick google search returned info for Mp3 Tag. "Mp3tag has a variety of possibilities to convert tags and file names.
Conversion means for example getting tag information from parts of the filename or renaming files based on the information stored in the tag of an audio file." Hope this helps.

Wow - thanks for nothing bud. That software is a download mess - full of malware and crap. I cut the download short and got rid of the mess.

If you got this ware and it's working for you, congrats.

Last edited:
Looks like Foobar lists a tagger that uses the Discog database. I expect it's reasonably safe. I'd also think that, as with most tagging addons, it'd need at least a track name, artist, and album to do it's thing, which will be a problem with live or bootleg recordings. There, you just basically do it yourself using a tag editor - no idea what Foobar has for manual tagging. Same thing with cover art - find something you like and attach it to the file. I do know that FLAC has the option of linking to an external pic file OR storing it internally, depending on how your software is setup.

PS ... just fer shitzengiggles ... how do you know the MP3tag is "full of malware and crap" if you cut off the download? Inquiring minds, and all that. Most any software nowadays will have options for installing other third party stuff - just gotta watch your clicks ...

sKiZoz: because I got the usual bunch of popup windows for other software including the usual ones that will "search my computer for viruses". Close one and another opens up. I've dealt with enough malware to know what I'm talking about.

Wow - thanks for nothing bud. That software is a download mess - full of malware and crap. I cut the download short and got rid of the mess.

If you got this ware and it's working for you, congrats.

Well sorry you had issues. My download was simple and direct and it works without issues. PC world likes it. I saw on some forums where people said you have to download direct from the developers website. Anyway sorry for trying to help carry on :)

sKiZoz: because I got the usual bunch of popup windows for other software including the usual ones that will "search my computer for viruses". Close one and another opens up. I've dealt with enough malware to know what I'm talking about.
I'm sorry you had such a problem. I've been using MP3 Tag for the last two years without any fuss..

Yes, I downloads MP3Tag from the developer's website, and likewise updates since. No problems, no malware.

Right click for properties and rename files. Been doin' it for years for downloaded torrents. It messes up the FFP and what ever else files you get in torrent files. But if you are seeding the said files, make a copy first.

Back
Top Bottom