What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Use regularly:
  • MC2505 solid-state amp -- I use it daily for about half of the year. Very easy to listen to.
  • MC30 tube amp -- I have two of 'em; use them for about half of the year. Best sounding amps I own.

Do not use much or at all:
  • MR74 tuner -- I don't use it much, not much interest in FM broadcasts.
  • MI3 scope -- it powers up but no output, probably needs a new CRT or expensive repair.
  • C28 preamp -- it powers up but no output, I'm on the fence about having it repaired.

My MR71 is a delight to experience.:hug: Of course it helps when you have some quality content available in your area like I do.

Agreed! The FM content in the Portland Metro area is fantastic. My MR77 & MR85 tuners like the signals in the area too with just a simple dipole setup.

Really? I thought that might be you when I saw this recently.Who else would use a C-220 plus MC-1000's for a bedroom system? (it is actually a large rec room ) and I did not even know you are are a member here.Congats,he is ligit,he owes me a beer and since Aaron can not post pics we at lest need a list of all the rest of his system. Cheers Chubba

Rest of the system is a Teres 260 TT with an Origin, Live Conquerer 3 TA and a Dynavector XX-2 going into a Fosgate Signature Pre(retubed) a Teac cd 1000
and two pairs of Gallo Ref3.1 speakers with 2 Gallo sub amps all conected with various Nordost ICs.
Aaron

Just picked up a MA6200 in a used shop in Seoul for a decent price and lugged it back to Abu Dhabi.. I was a bit distraught when I got it here and saw the original power cord and the 120v label. I checked with the shop keeper and he confirmed that it had an internal conversion to 240 so I plugged it in and it works.

The MM phono amp is huge improvement over the little NAP phono pre-amp I had been using. Now, Clapton and Cooder really rock out on "The Shape You're In" from "Money and Cigarettes" album.

At first is sounded far too boomy AND shrill but then I played with the variable loudness and it evened out. Don't much like the speaker cable connections but I can make the 4 mm cable raw ends work well enough. Can hardly wait to hear it with my new Spendor A6Rs coming this weekend.

Now, if I can just get the ex-wife to ship my MR-71 out from California I'll have one beautiful Mac stack.

DSC_1140.JPG

Just picked up a MA6200 in a used shop in Seoul for a decent price and lugged it back to Abu Dhabi.. I was a bit distraught when I got it here and saw the original power cord and the 120v label. I checked with the shop keeper and he confirmed that it had an internal conversion to 240 so I plugged it in and it works.

The MM phono amp is huge improvement over the little NAP phono pre-amp I had been using. Now, Clapton and Cooder really rock out on "The Shape You're In" from "Money and Cigarettes" album.

At first is sounded far too boomy AND shrill but then I played with the variable loudness and it evened out. Don't much like the speaker cable connections but I can make the 4 mm cable raw ends work well enough. Can hardly wait to hear it with my new Spendor A6Rs coming this weekend.

Now, if I can just get the ex-wife to ship my MR-71 out from California I'll have one beautiful Mac stack.

View attachment 827791
Nice integrated for sure! Good luck on the MR71 . . . my ex took both of mine in the divorce.

I'd be interested in getting a matching tuner for the MA6200. Sound quality is the only performance criterion as there is ONE station I listen to and it has a strong signal in my apartment and no adjacent or alternate stations.

While I'd love to retrieve my tube MR71, I think I'd get a SS tuner due to the limits on technicians here.

I think this points me to the MR74 but I'd welcome opinions and suggestions.

I don't currently have any but that's what I came here for. I want to ask the experienced a question. Would some of the newer gear give me a taste of the true McIntosh? Looking at the MA5200.

I'd be using ATC SCM11 speakers but I'm not sure about the source. I have other gear if it would be a better match.

If I came to the wrong forum, straighten me out, please.

Happy Holidays!.....r1

Back
Top Bottom