What is the one amp you would love to have

Dan_DAgostino_Momentum_Integrated_Amplifier_TN.jpg

Its an "all in one" integrated amp. The momentum integrated amplifier.

That'd cool!
Great spec set too!

I would love to own this Yamamoto A06-3 which uses the very rare AD1 tube. The AD1 is said to out perform the best 2a3 and 300B tubes in it's extreme linearity and is considered by many ( especially in Japan where it's a cult tube ) to be the highest evolution of the direct heated triode. The A06-3 makes 4 watts per channel but you can bet that all important "first watt" doesn't suck. :D

A-06-3-1-S.jpg

Last edited:
The F7 has received some great reviews,however,I am running a passive pre amp,and I don't think that the F7 has enough gain.

The F7 has received some great reviews,however,I am running a passive pre amp,and I don't think that the F7 has enough gain.
Off topic, but I can't help but mention that the dogs in your member photo are simply adorable.

Off topic, but I can't help but mention that the dogs in your member photo are simply adorable.

Thanks KDAC. They spend a lot of time in the listening room with me.

I would love to have two Marantz 8b's and an era correct McIntosh preamp to power two pair of B&O 801's...

This is easy. I could have ANY amplifier in the world?

Pair of Western Electric 92A.

.A2385_I2.jpg

Either this or something similar from RCA's catalog.

A pair of McIntosh MI-350's would be the holy grail for me.
As for SS amps I'd have to go with a pair of pass labs XA200.8

I've not heard enough good amps to make a definitive choice, but I do like the sound of the Cary tube and McIntosh solid state amps I've heard.

I'm going to say, after much thought, that the Premier 8 monoblocks are the ones I would ultimately want in my main system. 275 watts each.

upload_2017-4-7_20-11-57.png

Pic borrowed from the Internetz...

Cost no object, electricity (including air conditioning) and tube replacement costs be d*****d, Atma-Sphere MA-3 Mk. 3.3 OTL monoblocks. 500 watts of Class A, all-triode, fully differential goodness per monoblock, plus enough heat for a moderately sized house.

I once owned an all-Atma-Sphere system including MA-2 Mk. 2.3 monoblocks. They were far and away the finest power amps I have heard in my life. I can hardly imagine what the MA-3's must be like.

Last edited:
I once owned an all-Atma-Sphere system including MA-2 Mk. 2.3 monoblocks. They were far and away the finest power amps I have heard in my life. I can hardly imagine what the MA-3's must be like.
Ralph does make good stuff. I heard a pair of MA-2s driving speakers like mine - sounded wonderful. It would make an interesting shootout between the MA-3s and VTL Siegfrieds. :)

brians_u1.jpg

This was some years ago when I listened to them but I once drove from Milwaukee to the Twin Cities to hear a pair of Vienna Acoustics Mahlers at a brick and mortar store. They were being driven by a pr. of big VTL monoblock amps (can't remember which ones, but not the Siegfrieds). To be honest, I don't know if it was the speakers or the power amps, but I was not overly impressed. I do remember it sounding congested. I listened for about an hour with a wide range of music I brought along. IMO, the Atma-Sphere amps are the clear winners. They are super fast, extremely clear, have unbelieveable bass response, and the list just goes on and on. They do have their drawbacks, those being they require a one hour warm-up to sound proper and they put off tremendous amounts of heat.

Back
Top Bottom