Parasound DAC2000 Issues

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
My unit randomly starts sizzling on top of the music...I need to tap on the unit to make it stop...then it will ran for hours, and maybe do it again..I have found a possible source for the DAC and Input filtering chip, but someone suggested that it might be the caps on the filtering stage....

Picture of the innards...

7d8b477da33f120b8852bd4789f95180.jpg

Definitely not the integrated circuits fault. Those don't get fixed by tapping.
I have replaced all my capacitors in my Parasound, they will loose capacity in time and they also can be affected by vibrations (tapping).
Another thing that can be problematic is a corroded solder joint or corroded pin in a connector or socket. You can gently tap on different parts of the board with the back of a screwdriver to see where it happens. Don't hit any resistors!

Definitely not the integrated circuits fault. Those don't get fixed by tapping.
I have replaced all my capacitors in my Parasound, they will loose capacity in time and they also can be affected by vibrations (tapping).
Another thing that can be problematic is a corroded solder joint or corroded pin in a connector or socket. You can gently tap on different parts of the board with the back of a screwdriver to see where it happens. Don't hit any resistors!

Thanks for the feedback....Now its been running fine since the morning.....weird...

These Parasound DACa are really nice sounding units so I'd do whatever it takes to keep this one operational.
Even if that meant turning it over to someone with the skills to get it back to 100% & paying some $$$ for said services.
I know I love my D/AC-1000 and I still keep my eyes open for any/all deals on another one of these Parasound DACs.

Signed a fellow Parasound D/AC fan.

Bret P.

Some folks tell me its hardly ever the DAC or filter chip....caps or bad soldering joint somewhere...Yeah, I will get it fixed.

Wish I could help you out. I have been using a D/AC-2000HD for about 15 years now. Just about the best sound I've ever heard from Redbook and HDCD discs. I've never popped for a higher end CD player because of how good it is. I've had $2000-$3000 CD players in to demo and while they added SACD, I liked the Parasound better on non-SACD. Only trouble I've ever had was that it blew a fuse. The Ultra Analog 20400A was one of the best DAC chips ever made.

I have a D/AC-1100HD in my bedroom system. Also very nice.

Wish I could help you out. I have been using a D/AC-2000HD for about 15 years now. Just about the best sound I've ever heard from Redbook and HDCD discs. I've never popped for a higher end CD player because of how good it is. I've had $2000-$3000 CD players in to demo and while they added SACD, I liked the Parasound better on non-SACD. Only trouble I've ever had was that it blew a fuse. The Ultra Analog 20400A was one of the best DAC chips ever made.

I have a D/AC-1100HD in my bedroom system. Also very nice.

Yes, They got it and diagnosis will come in a couple of weeks. I had high end CDP's like Esoteric, Sony SCD-999 top loader, Modwright full mod Sony with tube output and reclocking, and a Parasound CDP-2000 which I thought for years was the cats' meow...until I got this DAC-2000....

I am getting an Audio Gd with USB for downloading and playing DSD and the like....But for CD's it will be DAC2000..

Back
Top Bottom