Cheap CD Player Battle

audiasoul

hi all,
i hope this will be an intresting discussion.
i'm searching a good sound cd player around on 200 euro, i prefer it natural and balanced, don't like too highs and slim reproduction.

the candidate are :
- pioneer pd10
- cambridge topaz 10
- onkyo c-7030
- marantz cd-5005

if you are suggestions are welcome!, harry up guys we must discuss on !!:)

I have the Onkyo 7030 and like it very much and use it all the time.
Excellent SQ (Wolfson DAC).
Highly recommended.
Compared to a Pio 100 disc changer with $400 Dacmagic (Dual Wolfson DACs)
unable to hear any significanr diff.

I have used a c-7030 for a couple of years now and it is a very nice sounding cdp.

i have had very good luck with JVC models, to my ear they sound great and vastly under rated. i have had a couple of the Motorola (Philips) with the 1541 DAC and I prefer the JVC.

thank you guys for your responses...i should be gratefull if someone could compare me onkyo or other cd player ..., for example onkyo c-7030 vs marantz cd -5005...pioneer pd 10..., yamaha s-300....
thank you!

I've been happy with my Marantz CD6005 (2,5 years), very smooth sound, not agressive. My guess is the CD5005 is pretty much identical. I also use it with my iDevices as a DAC and with a hard drive with WAV files.
Good luck !

I'd throw a Sony DVP-NS900V into the mix, really nice player for the price.
It doesn't color the sound, and plays multi-channel SACDs as well.
My friends gave me one as a birthday gift last month, it's my baby, love the device.

Last edited:
If it is your goal to find a cheap CD player it all depends on where you look....

But if your looking for the best deal on a new player, that's a completely different situation !

Hello I have a Marantz 5005 which I really like. I have it hooked to a Parasound pre and infinity speakers. It sounds great. The other CD players are suppose to sound great also. The onkyo is half the price and thought about buying one for my other system. There is a Nad c516bee I also am considering which is a touch under the marantz in price. Let us know which one you go with.

think about a DAC and a transport. laser disk players, super cheap now, make great transports. then you can use the DAC for computer audio as well.

i compared it against :
- denon dcd 1015
- yamaha cdx 480

guys this machine is superlative!, compared to the above machine is like night and day!
onkyo is full bobied sound and first of all is damn natural, really a surprise from an economic cd player like the onkyo
the denon is sterile and empty sound the yama is better than denon but the onkyo is another planet.
the onkyo has not hyperdetailed and annoying sound is simply natural : lifelike sound, stop.
none special effects.
my friend compared the onkyo against 1000 euros cd players and the onkyo has fought well, incredible!
i'm very happy and should the fine if someone else who compared the onkyo against other cd players could contribute in this discussion.

I would like to thank this forum because i've read more around before buy the onkyo, but this forum do make me the choice....some users have it and they wrote detailed reviews

i compared it against :
- denon dcd 1015
- yamaha cdx 480

guys this machine is superlative!, compared to the above machine is like night and day!
onkyo is full bobied sound and first of all is damn natural, really a surprise from an economic cd player like the onkyo
the denon is sterile and empty sound the yama is better than denon but the onkyo is another planet.
the onkyo has not hyperdetailed and annoying sound is simply natural : lifelike sound, stop.
none special effects.
my friend compared the onkyo against 1000 euros cd players and the onkyo has fought well, incredible!
i'm very happy and should the fine if someone else who compared the onkyo against other cd players could contribute in this discussion.

I would like to thank this forum because i've read more around before buy the onkyo, but this forum do make me the choice....some users have it and they wrote detailed reviews

I started the Onkyo C-7030 trend on AK.

Back
Top Bottom