Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

Alobar

Addicted Member
Cellphones are always with us, and because of this we always have a camera too. Never before has so much interesting things, actions, events, people, animals being captured as now! As I was walking with my wife today and taking pictures of interesting stuff going on in my little corner it occurred to me how cool it would be to see what sorts of things other people are capturing in their day to day travels where they are at.

So we will see where this goes...
The main rules for this thread are:

Preferably only cellphones and other small pocket cameras that you might carry on a day to day basis. If your camera wont fit in a pocket it is too big for this thread.
Something relatively current (within a few weeks). That way it can have more of a "current events" flavor.
Don't flood with photos when a 2 or 3 can convey.
Something that others may find interesting.
Tell us something about what it is we are looking at.
And of course keep it decent within the bounds of this forum.

Anyone can participate! No photography talent needed or even desired. It is more about something day to day that would never have been caught had it not been for the small camera you always have in your pocket..

So I will start this off with this..

I was out taking a walk today with my wife and dog on our favorite river beach. It is at the mouth of a medium sized river and the area is within a tidal zone. Sometimes it is a river we are walking along, other times it is a ocean bay due to the 20-25 foot tide we get here in my corner of Alaska which backs the river up for a few miles. It has been pretty cold here the past few weeks, getting down to zero F many days. With the full moon the tide zone has been at its highest and this is what it did today with all the ice that formed in the river: Lifted it up and stacked it in piles up to 10 feet high! We were just out there 2 days ago and none of this ice was here and this is the first time we have ever seen this.. The last picture up in the upper left hand corner you can faintly see Venus which has been very bright lately just after sunset.
ICE4.jpg ICE3.jpg ICE6.jpg .

Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars

Product photography style of photo using an iPhone.

31749577611_5fca05d5f6_b.jpg

APPLE IPHONE 6S, 4.15MM (29MM EQUIVALENT), F2.2, 1/15, ISO 250

My current desktop pic. Taken with an old Nokia E71 3.2MP mobile in a nearby park. I'm not a photographer's shoesoles but I often cringe at the pics taken with new generation phones which frequently seem out of focus and so dark one cannot see detail.

These pics are no fluke shots - every pic taken over the years with the E71 is crystal clear.

tri_pod

16112012454.jpg Image004.jpg

Last edited:
My current desktop pic. Taken with an old Nokia E71 3.2MP mobile in a nearby park. I'm not a photographer's shoesoles but I often cringe at the pics taken with new generation phones which frequently seem out of focus and so dark one cannot see detail.

These pics are no fluke shots - every pic taken over the years with the E71 is crystal clear.

tri_pod

View attachment 841221 View attachment 841222

Those are beautiful! Amazing little camera in your phone..

The Dakota where John Lennon lived and was shot. Take last Monday when I was in NY.
Interesting, don't think I have ever seen this place before where Lennon lived..

Frozen waterfall:
Christmas day we walked up the river a ways, on snowshoes actually. There was an old trail back to some abandoned sawmill relics that was in operation back 80 years ago. Along the way we were next to rock cliffs and we came across this waterfall, maybe about 25 feet high, frozen solid except for water that could be heard gurgling behind it. In fact there seemed to be a shallow cave behind the ice but couldn't get near it. Was hard to get back far enough to get a shot due to the trees in front...
CameraZOOM-20161225143912423.jpg CameraZOOM-20161225143931610.jpg

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20161225143945061.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20161225143945061.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 5
Seems all my photos are going to be winter stuff, at least till we head to Hawaii in Feb!
We had some snow last night, not enough to need the snowblower, so used my old 4 wheeler and plow. Problem was there was glare ice under the snow from a rain we had last week that turned the driveway into a luge track! The chains were barely able to grip and I had almost no steering because the ice was so slick. In fact I tried to walk on it last night and slipped and knocked my head on the ice.. Damn!
plow.jpg

IMG_6192.JPG

IMG_6194.JPG

Two headphones I just refurbished. The Sextett's are for me. The K140's were purchased in the 70s by my partners father. They still sound good. They just needed new pads (old ones were glued on from the factory) and new elastic loops for the headband. Full Compass sells them. The head band is almost the same as a K240 so K240 loops work on these. Shot on an iPhone SE w/ the Valencia filter from Instagram.

Back
Top Bottom