IC for Yamaha M35 amp - STK 4863

Jazzmuso

My M35 amplifier does not switch on after engaging the power switch. Seems not to go beyond initial relay (protection). Tech says it does this because IC 4863 is gone.

Any idea where I might start looking for this part? Agents do not have it and it is apparently pretty scarce item. Anybody know of a parts unit in the market?

Thanks

Thanks for responses - ut source does not provide space for registration as far as i can see. would be most cost effective option

A few units on ebay but expensive when converted ito exchange rate and postage is going to cost too much.

Thanks for responses - ut source does not provide space for registration as far as i can see. would be most cost effective option

A few units on ebay but expensive when converted ito exchange rate and postage is going to cost too much.

Did you use your cell phone? I also noticed with using a cell phone browser there is no "add to Cart" button. But on my
home PC there is. Utsource also has smartphone app to search and order parts. Might want to give it a try.

Athanasios

Thanks for inputs folks. A friend abroad has managed to source something for me: STK 4893. Its a pin for pin match to the STK 4863 but a higher power. I am so grateful to him as he has actually donated it to me free of charge.Tech says it should work fine so my M35 may be singing again soon. Any different opinions? Can't wait to link it up to the recently acquired Yam NS10 speakers.

Will check with tech who has the amplifier. he just told me the failed part was the STK 4863 IC and that sanyo / sanken made similar units at some time and that these would also work.

Back
Top Bottom