Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Bought one of those Kershaw Shuffle when I ordered some stuff off Amazon last week,gotta say it's a great little knife for the very reasonable price they get for it.
Ask me that Kershaw Shuffle will do well as a very sensible EDC knife whose intent is largely for utility more-so than anything else.

Not sure if it'll replace my SOG Spec Elite 1 as my EDC though,but it definitely makes for a nice compromise carry option.

Frame lock is'nt necessarily my preference either,but I'm sure I'll get used to that easily enough.

FWIW

Bret P.

Rule Number 9, as per Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, NCIS...."Never leave home without a knife"

(I noticed in one episode, Gibbs was using a ZT-0301, with the tiger-striped blade)

Could be worse. A coworker forgot 5 .38 +P in an old duffle he hadn't used in years. Needless to say he had an interesting conversation with TSA.

Some years back I was going through airport security when they ran my bag through the x-ray a couple times. Knew something was up.

Pulled me and my bag off to the side and they commenced to go through every nook and cranny. I asked if there was something specific they were looking for, as maybe I could direct them to the item. The guy just kept searching without reply.

After about the 3rd time through the guy utters "Ahhh HAAA" and his hand emerges with a .223 round. "Oh shit, why is that in there?", I think to myself. Figured that would get me a trip to the back room. But, instead, he just asked me a few questions, opened a drawer and dropped in the round, then sent me on my way.

I received this as a gift from my brother in law a few years ago... maybe about 12 years ago.

It technically isn't an every day carry knife for me because I tend to only carry it when I'm a bit dressed up.

Nice knife. It's a German-made Puma lockback. It's pretty light weight and is easy to take for granted, but it really feels like a quality knife and has good lockup. I can't speak as to its edge-holding ability as I've not had to cut much with it, but it's pretty easy to put a good edge on it.

Rec'd my first Spyderco, a Native 5 Lightweight for Christmas. Working on a deep carry clip for it.
Neat knife made in Golden, CO.
Pics forthcoming.

My first-ever knife, given to me by my Grandfather when I was 9 years old (I`m really surprised that I managed to hang onto it for all these years) Labeled "Craftsman", probably came out of the Schrade factory in the late `50s. Those carbon-steel blades take a razor edge....

upload_2016-12-31_10-43-55.png

Carrying a knife is fairly new to me, this Kershaw Shuffle has been in my back pocket for close to a year and I don't know how I got by so long not having it on me.

It's small enough that I don't even know it's in my pocket but fits perfectly in my hand, it has a bottle opener built in that I probably use more than the blade and the lanyard attachment doubles as a flathead screwdriver that works great for prying. It can be had for about $15 so I won't be heartbroken if I lose it plus Kershaw offers free lifetime sharpening.

View attachment 831194
View attachment 831193
View attachment 831197

Gave one as a stocking stuffer to my son. He loves it. Think I may order me one too.

This is the knife I've owned the longest. I bought it in a pawn shop in Houston (or Bellaire) in 1983, I think. I was 10 or 11 years old.

I carried it only briefly before I was told by my grandmother that it was too big so I went to the pawn shop and bought this one with money she gave me.

It is about an inch smaller when closed. I carried this one for a few years until I was allowed to carry the bigger one.

Granted it was Texas, but I carried one or the other every day, including to school. It was never an issue. Kind of bums me out how much some kids have changed.

Granted it was Texas, but I carried one or the other every day, including to school. It was never an issue. Kind of bums me out how much some kids have changed.

I know, I feel the same way. Back In The Day, boys and pocketknives went together like peanut butter and jelly. (Come to think of it, kids can`t bring knives OR peanut butter to school any more). In school, we used to make "switchblades" from popsicle sticks and rubber bands, nobody thought twice about it, it was all good fun. Today, that kind of behavior would likely get you expelled forever, what with all the "Zero Tolerance" policies in effect.

I like to see and hear the stories about the pocket knives that we carried as kids. Seeing the recent posts will have me looking for a couple of the knives that I had as a kid. They are are around here someplace.

Let's leave the discussion about anything other than knives out of this thread please. It would be a shame to see the thread get closed if we continue and go too far with comments that could be interpreted as being political.

Rec'd my first Spyderco, a Native 5 Lightweight for Christmas. Working on a deep carry clip for it.
Neat knife made in Golden, CO.
Pics forthcoming.

Nice knife but there are no OEM or aftermarket deep carry clips made for this model. Oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 12
A Spyderco Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 has been my EDC knife since May. It's a small knife that feels like a big knife in your hand.

-Dave

spyderco dargonfly 2 zdp-189.jpg

Mine isn't due in until Wednesday, but ordered one of these Kershaw Emerson design knives. Certainly not a high end blade but supposed to be quite nice none the less.

download.jpg

Nice knife but there are no OEM or aftermarket deep carry clips made for this model. Oh well.
I`m no fan of ugly clips....I usually just remove them, and add a lanyard, which sticks outside my pocket, making it easy to retrieve the knife in a hurry.

I`m no fan of ugly clips....I usually just remove them, and add a lanyard, which sticks outside my pocket, making it easy to retrieve the knife in a hurry.

I agree, the clips are ugly and just get in the way. I make a lanyard out of paracord. What model is that orange Spyderco?

-Dave

Nope I like the clip. Keeps the knife high in the pocket so I don't even feel it. Also the thumb is already in the thumb hole and opening the blade as it clears the pocket. After carrying Spyderco's for decades it's automatic.

Back
Top Bottom