So What did Your AK 2016 Secret Santa deliver for Christmas!

My secret Santa sent me a wonderful handmade cheese and charcuterie board along with a gift certificate good at a local record shop that I have been wanting to check out. It arrived extremely well packed, worthy of Audiokarma accolades, on Christmas Eve.

The board is beautifully made and receiving the local record shop gift certificate went above and beyond. Thank you very much!

20161227_051420782_iOS.jpg

Santa sent me a nice custom monogrammed YETI double walled vacuum insulated drink mug plus a selection of sample sized whiskeys and distilled spirits, a very nice set in total. And the packing was worthy of high end AK gear too! :thumbsup:

Although I'm not much of a partaker, I'll be sharing them with friends and relatives, making for a very warm holiday season, and the mug will be holding either my hot cocoa or mulled hot cider when relaxing next to the fireplace (also holds cold drinks too so perfect for SoCal weather).

Thanks so much Santa, and hope you're having a warm Houston holiday break.

Last edited:
I received some very nice vintage tubes for a Marantz 7 I own with a friend. We're going to tube roll a bit now. Thank you for a cool gift, secret santa. IMG_3871.JPG

Christmas in Houston Texas was 82 degrees and the kids across the street were playing in the lawn sprinkler...
What a weird site that was...
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday..
Jason

I was away in LA LA land ( specifically Disneyland) with family and friends during Christmas.. My SS sent me a Gift Code from needledoctor :)
I think we can persuade the guy to make more sets of record dividers. PM me if you want set. Happy Holidays folks...

I was away in LA LA land ( specifically Disneyland) with family and friends during Christmas.. My SS sent me a Gift Code from needledoctor :)
I think we can persuade the guy to make more sets of record dividers. PM me if you want set. Happy Holidays folks...
Keep me posted too please. My local guy wanted $90 (for 30 of them) made out of 1/4" 2'X4' Maple veneer. That was without lettering and just for the cut wood. These would be about 10" tall by 13" long to protrude from shelves.

made out of 1/4" 2'X4' Maple veneer. That was without lettering and just for the cut wood. These would be about 10" tall by 13" long to protrude from shelves.

While these dividers are very very nice, one does need to think about the space they will take up in your record storage shelf.

IMG_1334.JPG IMG_1335.JPG IMG_1332.JPG

Look at that stack, it's around half a expidet hole in size once installed, so if your limited on room it could be an issue for you. Each divider is the size of a old gatefold record so you'll have to know thats 30 or more less records you'll be storing in the same space.

I have been sick all week but managed over the last two days to file around 600 more records, shift everything and install the new dividers Baski gave me in my main used record library. My new record library in the front room is very taxed on space and has already pushed into the used room, and is why I didn't use them there.

I'll post photos soon of the install and I love them, they really stand out and I can see the lettering better now.

Really, three Beatles UK Blue Box sets? While I have none......... Is that also the MOFI Beatles in black I see. I do have that White Mono set (sealed, can't bring myself to open them. Sick huh?)
LOL, I beg you pardon, that's not three UK blue box sets it's only two, and one Japan # numbered blue box....:biggrin:
Yeah I have the MOFI box, plus individual copies, The reissue Stereo & Mono boxes. Quiet a few other gems to go along with that as well.

I was blessed with some amazing Koko Taylor Lp's and a gift certificate to a local BBQ shack!!

It was amazing to have that, really made my day! My Secret Santa was awesome and amazing

Sorry to be late to the party, but I actually just *found* my secret Santa gift in a pile of Amazon envelopes.
PSA: LOOK THROUGH ALL YOUR HOLIDAY PACKAGING FOR HIDDEN TREASURE BEFORE PLACING IN THE BIN!

Thanks Jason for this cool gadget! It's an Onzow stylus tip cleaner and magnifier. I didn't even know this sort of thing existed!

Cheers!
Brian

32168622785_195ac58c4d_b.jpg

image.jpeg

My secret Santa come through with a set of four records. Two of them sealed! My dad was a big Freddy Fender fan, so I probably know most, if not all the songs. Thanks SS! I can't wait to spin them.

I'll recheck the list later today, but I think that may be it!
Thanks,
Jim

I just had one of my servers make me a Carmel malted shake with one of the gifts from my secret Santa !!! Mmmm it was awesome !!

32191229525_ee748842e6_b.jpg

Nashou

4-2-7
Nice record stash, I'm impressed! Looks like all the records have a vinyl sleeve protecting the covers!

Nice job!!!

Will my SS please reveal himself?! I'm enjoying myself so much tonight finally getting around to listening to the records he gave me!! Some stuff I would never buy but now I love it. Who are you?

4-2-7
Nice record stash, I'm impressed! Looks like all the records have a vinyl sleeve protecting the covers!

Nice job!!!
Thank you Jim I work really hard at it, and yes I protect all the covers, they get a sleeve prior to getting into my libraries. This is just the used record library, new records are in my front room with my system. Then I also have a bedroom for new arrivals that need to get cleaned and ready to file. .

Back
Top Bottom