What guitar is this?

Scifi

At about 1:01:00 it shows a girl playing a guitar that looks something like a Gibson 335.

Revolution (Film) - (1968)

There's two girls playing what looks like similar or the same model guitars. The brown or blonde haired one looks like she is playing a brown sunburst semi-hollow body and the guitar neck of the guitar that the black haired girl is playing can be seen, but not the guitar body. You can see the neck pick up in the first picture, too.

RevolutionGuitar1.JPG RevolutionGuitar2.JPG

Last edited:
There's two girls playing what looks like similar or the same model guitars. The brown or blonde haired one looks like she is playing a brown sunburst semi-hollow body and the guitar neck of the guitar that the black haired girl is playing can be seen, but not the guitar body. You can see the neck pick up in the first picture, too.

View attachment 848620 View attachment 848621

The top shot shows a "dog-eared" P-90, so likely the "budget" model ES-330. A better view of the tailpiece could/would confirm this opinion. As for the geeter in the lower photo, insufficient data pour moi to say much more than it looks like a Gibson something.

The top shot shows a "dog-eared" P-90, so likely the "budget" model ES-330. A better view of the tailpiece could/would confirm this opinion. As for the geeter in the lower photo, insufficient data pour moi to say much more than it looks like a Gibson something.

IIRC, they used spruce and maple to make the bodies and aren't made of plywood or laminated wood.plywood. Is that right? I have a Japanese 335 look-a-like that has a body made of plywood or laminated wood. I wonder if I can get that sound somehow. I have Les Paul neck, too, that I wanted to try to put on it. The frets on the orignial neck are worn down a lot.

IIRC, they used spruce and maple to make the bodies and aren't made of plywood or laminated wood.plywood. Is that right? I have a Japanese 335 look-a-like that has a body made of plywood or laminated wood. I wonder if I can get that sound somehow. I have Les Paul neck, too, that I wanted to try to put on it. The frets on the orignial neck are worn down a lot.

Geez, @ the moment I cannot recall if the 330 model's top was solid or laminate. I could dig out my copy of Gruhn's Guide, but by that time someone is likely to happen along here and tell us in no uncertain terms what the materials spex were @ the mid- & late-'60s for the various ES series geetars.
That writ, I'm leanin' toward a laminate top for the ES-330 model. But I could be wrong.

Its hard to get a good look at the guitar the black haired girl is holding. The head stock looks something like a Mosrite headstock.

How would this affect guitar playing?

Carl Jung - Anima Projection

Animus-Anima in Jungian psychology Animus-Anima in Jungian psychology

Jungian Psychology - The Anima and The Animus - Jung - Archetypes
Note how she talks about the subconcious anima and animus in males and females, Yin and Yang.

Spiritual Bypassing

A bit late to this party, but the band is named Ace of Cups. The darker haired guitarist, Denise Kaufman, favors Gibsons (she played a LP Custom after this period) but in this film it's hard to tell what she's--except that the headstock clearly says "Gibson" and it has their crown inlay on it.

And the blond guitarist is Mary Ellen Simpson. Here's a picture of another Gibson--not the same one--but at least it shows her taste in guitars. A Google/Bing image search may turn up a clear shot of the guitar from the film. Hope this helps!

maryellen_front_lg.jpg

The guitar with the silver knob looks like a gretch to me but wouldn't it use tv jones pickups more than likely. the dog ear p-90 scream epiphone. we need some closer pics! :beatnik::jump::jump::jump:

A bit late to this party, but the band is named Ace of Cups. The darker haired guitarist, Denise Kaufman, favors Gibsons (she played a LP Custom after this period) but in this film it's hard to tell what she's--except that the headstock clearly says "Gibson" and it has their crown inlay on it.

And the blond guitarist is Mary Ellen Simpson. Here's a picture of another Gibson--not the same one--but at least it shows her taste in guitars. A Google/Bing image search may turn up a clear shot of the guitar from the film. Hope this helps!

maryellen_front_lg.jpg

Ooh, a fancy on, model ES-355 w/ (probably factory installed) Bigsby TP, block inlay, and the same fancy headstock inlay on the Lester Custom.

Back
Top Bottom