Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

If you like that, perhaps you'll also enjoy Mikey's video tour of their facility where some time is spent in the museum. Since he held the camcorder, it's a bit shaky but quite informative. :)

The two videos are found here.

A Cititation XX, gifted by Sidney Harman himself with the crate and correlating paperwork sold for $2900.00 last summer, serviced and ready to go.

Last edited:
For me it's every time I rotate it out! I can't wait to get it back in place. Just seems like something's missing sound wise compared to the the new-age stuff. Have my Adcom set up now displacing my 9090, and that is a wow moment for me. That confirms something is missing.

I was never able to hear them but saw a pair of near mint McIntosh MC3500s for sale here in Portland once. Wow. They were stunning to look at. I am always impressed when I look at the build quality and aesthetics of 60s era McIntosh equipment. The C22 has to be the most beautiful preamp ever made.

Listened to a centennial series set of Yamaha's that belonged to fellow AK member years back. Those were among the most impressive pieces of equipment I have seen and listened to.

For me it's every time I rotate it out! I can't wait to get it back in place. Just seems like something's missing sound wise compared to the the new-age stuff. Have my Adcom set up now displacing my 9090, and that is a wow moment for me. That confirms something is missing.

Yes, it's hard to beat a properly restored 9090, very sweet sound! I've got a WOPL 400 that will definitely kick it power wise, and very close in clarity, but still love the Sui sound.

I got a receiver for ya! Sanyo Plus200 only 4 made.200wpc and dual tranny's.:yikes:View attachment 855004
Reminds me of a G22000/G33000 with the separated amplifier / tuner-preamp modules... also because of the inputs and outputs on the sides... shame it was only a prototype :(
IMO it would look even better with a shinier brushed aluminum instead of the matte-like finish that it has.
I'd love to hear the impressions of a lucky owner! - or even better, hear one for myself :naughty:

Plenty of items that I still am wowed by some of my collections. A few items, a lot of them are out of rotation, for now.

In the background are my pair of Infinity QLS-1's and in front are the Quantun 2's, sitting next to some rare Sansui's the SP L700's

The elegance of the Empire TT's.

Empire's, Fishers, Yamaha's.

Infinity's RSIIb's and SAE racks!

Infinity RS-1bs, Kappa 9's, Kappa 8's stacked Infinity servo controllers for the RS-1b's

Yamaha PX2, Antique Sound Labs

Plenty of items that I still am wowed by some of my collections. A few items, a lot of them are out of rotation, for now.

In the background are my pair of Infinity QLS-1's and in front are the Quantun 2's, sitting next to some rare Sansui's the SP L700's

The elegance of the Empire TT's.

Empire's, Fishers, Yamaha's.

Infinity's RSIIb's and SAE racks!

Infinity RS-1bs, Kappa 9's, Kappa 8's stacked Infinity servo controllers for the RS-1b's

Yamaha PX2, Antique Sound Labs

you have quite the collection!
I'm a fan of the Phase Linear / Carver units... I have a C-4000 preamplifier and it is something else! Quite the multi-tool of the audio wold... Awesome stuff!

Back
Top Bottom