The Knife Thread.....

My favorite "camp knife" is this Cold Steel Trailmaster....9-inch blade of their proprietary Carbon V steel, this was my first experience with a convex edge (I was impressed, this knife is tougher than a two-dollar steak). I made a couple of changes to it, I removed the top of the handguard (not needed unless you`re knife fighting), and replaced the crappy leather sheath with a far more robust (and secure) one from a Gerber BMF (who remembers them ?).
This knife has served well for over 30 years....

upload_2016-12-1_18-15-6.png

My favorite knife, hands down. Gave one to my stepson as well. Ka-Bar :thumbsup:

22755f6ec69c246b130a029795cb5131.png

Hi all. I too (besides Audio gear) collect Knives (Axes/Hatchets) etc. Here is a pix of my (one of a kind) Custom Brian Efros Canadian (style) Belt Knife. I've since had new darker exotic Wood scales and fancy Pins (re-done by Brian) since I got this knife. I think she's a looker! http://brianefrosknives.com/blog/wp...065_682171328506918_6546590172150619674_n.jpg

Regards,

SixCats!
Gorgeous knife....looks like it`s a pleasure to use ! Burled elm on those scales ? What steel was used ?

Santa brought me a Katana for Christmas !
It`s a Chenness Kaze`, created by the old-school method, hammered in the forge, differentially heat-treated using clay, has a nice hamon (temper line), and is quite sharp right out of the box.

upload_2017-1-3_16-40-51.png

Santa brought me a Katana for Christmas !
It`s a Chenness Kaze`, created by the old-school method, hammered in the forge, differentially heat-treated using clay, has a nice hamon (temper line), and is quite sharp right out of the box.

View attachment 845653
Looks like a decent valued starter sword.

Cheness is based in La Jolla. One of my former students in iaido helped with the cutting evaluations.

Be safe and try to get some good instruction if you plan to cut with it.

Looks like a decent valued starter sword.

Cheness is based in La Jolla. One of my former students in iaido helped with the cutting evaluations.

Be safe and try to get some good instruction if you plan to cut with it.

USH !I appreciate your concern ! (I`ve been involved in the arts since the early `70s....)

What about sharpening...in a knife thread?

Thinking of some water stones. Maybe a three stone set with 400, 1000, and 3000 grit, or?

Mostly kitchen knives, fillet knives, and occasionally a pocket knife or two.

(Or start a new thread?)

Back
Top Bottom