What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Opus X Angels Share Robusto that has been resting in the humi for almost 2 years. These are milder (medium) than a regular Opus (full) and delicious cigars.

I see we have a member @Cigarman and hopefully he will join this thread.

Reactions: DC
Opus X Angels Share Robusto that has been resting in the humi for almost 2 years. These are milder (medium) than a regular Opus (full) and delicious cigars.

I see we have a member @Cigarman and hopefully he will join this thread.

Finally had an opportunity to read this thread, I do tech support these days for Law Enforcement, county level, and it has been a bit busy. I only mention this as police officers are very much cigar lovers. If you hit one of the smoke shops in town during a promotional event it is tough to find a spot in the parking lot for all of the black and whites crowding the asphalt. Not surprising that many Audiophiles are also stogie buffs, much of the same neurosis at work manifesting itself in different venues. Thanks for the invite.

I am currently working my way to the bottom on the last of a box of Cohiba EL 2001 Piramides (Cuban variety, picked up in Deutschland last time I was there), but these are the last of my Habanos stash. Been contemplating a trip to the sunny island now that it is possible to bring back a few more, back on the bucket list. Nothing wrong with Dominicans these days - very fond of the whole Ashton VSG line (grown by young nubile virgins in the Sun of the Dominican Republic I’m told....), excellent smokes. Other Dominicans I smoke are Davidoff 2000s & 5000s (Davidoff Grand Cru No. 3 is also outstanding). Saw a few other Fuente fans above, just flat love the entire Arturo Fuente Don Carlos line, but am particularly fond of the torp. Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story is superb for a quick smoke, as are all of the Hemingway sizes. I was gifted a few of Fuente’s Anejos Reserva No. 46 over the holidays, these are a jewel but only available on Xmas and Fathers Day.

Romeo y Julieta’s are nice as well, and reasonable (well, all things being relative....). The Exhibicion No. 4 Cabinet, Cedro Deluxe #3 & #4, the Belicoso, one of my favorite vitolos. Recently picked up a box of My Fathers Flor de Las Antillas toros, might have a new favorite. If you have not tried the Ecuadorian Habano seed wrapped Ave Maria line, give them a try. Their blends are a great choice for fans of smooth, medium-bodied cigars with a nice Cubanesque aroma. Rapidly became one of my go-to patios smokes this summer. Very nice blend, surprised at the level of construction, holds a nice two inch ash.

Guess that is the 'short list', but probably have pretty much every major roller in any of my three humidors, left overs from boxes or samplers picked up in the past. Just like good LP's I seem to have a penchant for collecting this crap.......
I could be wrong here, but not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious. (If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking tequila, I’ll bet it makes tequila shoot out your nose). But I digress……

E.P. Carrillo NWC Churchill with some mystery Chardonnay from the wine 'fridge and just local radio Jazz...

Tonight I enjoyed an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story with a martini while listening to a cover band on a patio at one of my favorite local bars. The Short Story is one of my favorite smokes when I don't feel like a big smoke. Very nice.

- Woody

Tonight I enjoyed an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story with a martini while listening to a cover band on a patio at one of my favorite local bars. The Short Story is one of my favorite smokes when I don't feel like a big smoke. Very nice.

- Woody

I really like the Short Story too. Was yours a natural or maduro?

This was the natural. I prefer it just a bit over the Maduro. But I enjoy them both.

- Woody

I like them both too, but give a slight edge to the Maduro. Really good cigars at a reasonable price. Fuente is my favorite cigar maker. Their tobacco just tastes right.

Back
Top Bottom