Kenwood KR-6600 Stereo issue

jkcoondog3

I have an unexplained issue. Left channel does not work in stereo mode when tape selector is set to source, which is straight up. Both channels do work in mono. Both channels work fine in stereo if I have the tape selector set to source mon. Whats up with that. Everything use to work fine on tape source, but recently left channel no workie in stereo. I have done a complete de-oxit job but nothing has changed. Like I said, works fine set to source mon.

Attachments

• 20170122_120553.jpg
    20170122_120553.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 17
Try input a source maybe AUX to left side only. Gently move switches slowly one at a time and see if you get signal through. Could be Deoxit did not get to sweet spot of contacts. Or maybe another problem.

Try input a source maybe AUX to left side only. Gently move switches slowly one at a time and see if you get signal through. Could be Deoxit did not get to sweet spot of contacts. Or maybe another problem.
I tried all that and nothing. I did find out that if I turn up volume loud enough I can hear left channel

I would remove power get an ohm meter and look at the switch contacts. Does it have a pre amp out and main amp in on back?

If so turn power off plug into main in with a deck with variable output (this would become the volume control that's why you have power off). and see if both channels work. If both channels work problem is in pre amp section. Turn off power before removing signal to main in.

Think I led you a bit astray jkcoondog3. Had to go help a friend mount a TV. Your problem has to be in the pre amp section and could be in the switches, loose connection, bad component.

What is plugged into the tape inputs and outputs- especially tape B, As far as I can tell, the only difference between source and source monitor is the tape output from A is sent to B, instead of B connected to the source Not sure what A input is. Else problem points to S2 (tape monitor switch)

Well guys I think. No I know I fixed the problem. I put it back on the operating table, removed face plate and held receiver up on its back and did a de-oxit through the mono, stereo switch and let gravity take the deoxit into the control and walla that was the problem. Amazing how 1 switch, regardless of which 1 switch can cause problems. Thanks for all the help. I guess I hit the sweet spot .

Well guys I think. No I know I fixed the problem. I put it back on the operating table, removed face plate and held receiver up on its back and did a de-oxit through the mono, stereo switch and let gravity take the deoxit into the control and walla that was the problem. Amazing how 1 switch, regardless of which 1 switch can cause problems. Thanks for all the help. I guess I hit the sweet spot .
I just acquired a 6600 and had the exact issue! Your solution fixed it 100%! Thanks for posting this!

Ok so I just acquired a 6600 and am having issues with the selector switch. After removing the top and bottom cover I find the selector switch is unaccesable. It's at the end of a shaft behind a pcb in the rear plastic cover. Can't figure out how I'm gunna access it to deoxit. Anyone know how I can get at it to clean it..

Back
Top Bottom