Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Today, it`s a Zero Tolerance ZT-0561, and a handy little Tom Lewis fixed-blade that I`ve grown quite fond of over the years, and worked into my EDC rotation. (it`s comforting to know that you have a "no-fail option" right at hand)

Late-`70s Victorinox

View attachment 856917

I've had a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife as an EDC since the early '80's. I still carry a an Explorer model along with my Spyderco Dragonfly 2. I like the Explorer because it has a Phillips screwdriver blade that is parallel to the body of the knife. That Philips tip can get a grip on almost an size Phillips screw that I've run into. Big fan of the Swiss army knife!

-Dave

I've had a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife as an EDC since the early '80's. I still carry a an Explorer model along with my Spyderco Dragonfly 2. I like the Explorer because it has a Phillips screwdriver blade that is parallel to the body of the knife. That Philips tip can get a grip on almost an size Phillips screw that I've run into. Big fan of the Swiss army knife!

-Dave
Funny you should mention that particular combo....I have frequently carried my SAK Officer model along with a Spydie Calypso Junior (it`s serrated edge is absolutely wicked !)

Nice pairing. I used my SAK for all my cutting tasks until I got the dragonfly. I like the dragonfly because I can open it quickly with one hand. The SAK gets daily use for its scissors, awl, and Phillips screwdriver.

-Dave

I was looking at that Tom Lewis fixed blade again, and I have to say that really is a fine looking knife. Where can you purchase Tom Lewis knives? My google search doesn't turn up anything.

-Dave

I was looking at that Tom Lewis fixed blade again, and I have to say that really is a fine looking knife. Where can you purchase Tom Lewis knives? My google search doesn't turn up anything.

-Dave

Tom is a one-man shop, very limited volume, he typically sells most of his knives to dealers. I got mine from Bladeforums, there`s always lots of drool-worthy items for sale there. If you follow the listings for a while, you`ll pick up on who the regulars are, some very talented people hang out there. Prices vary, but there are good deals to be had.
Happy Hunting !
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/754-For-Sale-Fixed-Blades

Tom is a one-man shop, very limited volume, he typically sells most of his knives to dealers. I got mine from Bladeforums, there`s always lots of drool-worthy items for sale there. If you follow the listings for a while, you`ll pick up on who the regulars are, some very talented people hang out there. Prices vary, but there are good deals to be had.
Happy Hunting !
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/754-For-Sale-Fixed-Blades

Thanks, for the info, and the link.

-Dave

Most days, I carry this, a Blue Ridge Zancudo:

When working, I will often carry this, an Ontario RAT:

Carried this for a number of years but it was a bit heavier than I prefer for a true EDC. It's a Camillus CUDA:

Last edited:
Today`s ride-along is a Cold Steel Voyager....slim, lightweight, easy to carry, but punches well above it`s weight....that 5 1/2" VG-10 blade has razor-sharp serrations that make it a folding chainsaw....

Back
Top Bottom