My Baby Girl and I need your positive thoughts

dosmalo

T-Totaled
And, if you believe in prayers, throw one of those up for her also.
A month or so ago I noticed that she was limping a little on her right paw so I did an inspection and noticed her middle, right paw pad was quite a bit swollen and also appeared to have a raw spot so I took her to the vet and his initial diagnosis was perhaps "some sort of autoimmune disorder."
I asked for a full CBC which came back good but the autoimmune thing (Addison's, Lupus, etc) scared the hell out of me. The vet put her on a very high dosage of 60mg/day of prednisone with a 2 week taper down and even though the swelling went down the ulceration did not heal up so back to the vet we went.
This time he put her under a general anesthesia and did some exploratory surgery with xrays to see if perhaps there was something stuck up inside the paw pad.
When my wife and I picked her up the vet said he had found a tumor in the pad and had taken a biopsy to send off for evaluation and interpretation.
The result came back Thursday and the tumor is a rare form of cancer known as Eccrine Carcinoma.
Luckily it is a slow growing form of cancer and I believe we'll be able to have it removed and hopefully it hasn't metastasized.
Like a lot of people, I'm closer to my "girls" than I am to people. I eat, sleep and play with them and they are a big part of my "life-line" and keep me grounded. Especially this one - she's a "Daddy Girl" and even eats off my fork during dinner.
She's also a veteran of my La Scala road trip to Columbia, MO.
here:
Klipsch La Scalas and the road trip

I'm fairly used to dealing with adversity but this is very worrisome and has consumed me.
I don't do FB, I don't "tweet" so AK is the only social media I have and we're really needing some positive waves for this. WP_20160610_08_48_23_Pro.jpg WP_20160920_14_49_46_Pro.jpg

We have an appointment Monday to schedule the removal surgery.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with our community, I hope that this will ease your emotional pain a bit. There is a guy in the Black Forest - far away across the pond - keeping his fingers crossed for a happy ending!!!

I would really like to hug this doggie buddy!

I know how you fell my dogs are my life. They are members of the family. I have spent thousands of dollars on my dogs to keep them healthy and going and I have lost one to cancer as well. You and your girls are in our prayers for sure. Keep us posted as to the results. God Bless.

What a sweetie dog you have! Much positive thoughts from the north! I hope all goes well and your baby girl will live on with you in health.
I share your attitude towards dogs. My male Aussie simply goes everywhere with us, sleeps in his own bed in our bedroom, and is always on the guard for anything out of the ordinary. Last night he started barking outside, not unusual, but he always stops once I acknowledge him. He wouldn't stop, so I put on my boots and went out to see and I immediately saw the problem. Our Jeep rolled off down the driveway and was about 100 feet away off in the woods! He definitely thought that was not right! :)

That's a shame.....

I had a bull terrier that was a blue nose and was a runt. Because of her smaller stature that dog could flat out run and there was no getting away from her, she had a bad habit of killing coyotes when I lived in El Paso. I would prop my head up on her when I was laying on the floor watching the TV. I hope your dog is going to be OK....

Back
Top Bottom