My Baby Girl and I need your positive thoughts

And, if you believe in prayers, throw one of those up for her also.
A month or so ago I noticed that she was limping a little on her right paw so I did an inspection and noticed her middle, right paw pad was quite a bit swollen and also appeared to have a raw spot so I took her to the vet and his initial diagnosis was perhaps "some sort of autoimmune disorder."
I asked for a full CBC which came back good but the autoimmune thing (Addison's, Lupus, etc) scared the hell out of me. The vet put her on a very high dosage of 60mg/day of prednisone with a 2 week taper down and even though the swelling went down the ulceration did not heal up so back to the vet we went.
This time he put her under a general anesthesia and did some exploratory surgery with xrays to see if perhaps there was something stuck up inside the paw pad.
When my wife and I picked her up the vet said he had found a tumor in the pad and had taken a biopsy to send off for evaluation and interpretation.
The result came back Thursday and the tumor is a rare form of cancer known as Eccrine Carcinoma.
Luckily it is a slow growing form of cancer and I believe we'll be able to have it removed and hopefully it hasn't metastasized.
Like a lot of people, I'm closer to my "girls" than I am to people. I eat, sleep and play with them and they are a big part of my "life-line" and keep me grounded. Especially this one - she's a "Daddy Girl" and even eats off my fork during dinner.
She's also a veteran of my La Scala road trip to Columbia, MO.
here:
Klipsch La Scalas and the road trip

I'm fairly used to dealing with adversity but this is very worrisome and has consumed me.
I don't do FB, I don't "tweet" so AK is the only social media I have and we're really needing some positive waves for this. View attachment 862944 View attachment 862946

We have an appointment Monday to schedule the removal surgery.

So sorry Dosmalo! :/ Will definitely be keeping you two in my prayers and thoughts! I know exactly what you mean about being a daddy's girl, reminds me a lot of my relationship with my current dog (minus eating off the fork ;))! I dont even consider my dog as a dog, but a part of our family. They grow up with you, are always their for you, and love you unconditionally... what the hell is not to love about them?!

Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Last edited:
Expect the best, fellow AKer.

We are ALL in HIS hands. Ya gotta believe this no matter the outcome. Life hurts at times, and true dog friends are life long ones as they know no other way to be.

Our hearts and best wishes are with you..totally.

Q

Hi Mark
You know that I will always have good thoughts
when it comes to Baby Girl. I'm sure that you have the whole AK family behind you.
God Bless Baby Girl
Thank you Michael.
Pam and I have a surgery appointment for her this Thursday but to me it seems that time is just crawling by and I guess I'm counting every minute. Your kind thoughts and the whole AK community's thoughts and support has really been a pillar for me to lean on.

I wish you the best, dosmalo. I lost Budah, my brindle pit, just last year. He was 15, and it was time. In fact, I waited about 3 months too long.

Here's hoping Pandi comes thru with flying colors. (Mom had a dog named Pandy, lol).

I wish you the best, dosmalo. I lost Budah, my brindle pit, just last year. He was 15, and it was time. In fact, I waited about 3 months too long.

Here's hoping Pandi comes thru with flying colors. (Mom had a dog named Pandy, lol).

Thank you Tim,
Believe me, both you and Budah have been in my thoughts daily since this has happened.
We're waiting for an update from our surgeon vet. He told us that he needs one of his colleagues (I'm presuming from the teaching college at Okla. State) to assist him, and, we are gathering up resources.
Pandi is only 6yrs and has so much life left, so many squirrels to chase, so many walks at the lake and lots of love to give.

Surgery scheduled for tomorrow, Friday @ 1:00 - finally!
The waiting is and has been the hardest part for us. Hopefully afterwards we can be on the road to recovery.

I'm so much a pragmatic, hard-headed type of person but the well wishes, prayers and support from my AK community has warmed my heart and has given me more strength than I ever could have imagined.

Once again, THANK YOU! Each and every one of you!

Back
Top Bottom