Superbowl; Who Will Win..

Who's going to win the Superbowl?

• Falcons

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Patriots

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tale of 2 halves for sure.Will probably be dead before the falcons ever get that far again.At least i stuck with my team unlike a lot of my friends that i know who are bandwagon jumpers.Try again next year.

3rd Quarter......Falcons ball 3rd and 1....and the game was over after that. I knew it as soon as it happened. Poor play calling in the last third of the game ended for the Falcons.

Lady Gaga was the clear winner. (grin)

Real footballs don't have pointy ends on them and the players don't get to rest more than they play.

signed former goalie with the scars to prove it.

3rd Quarter......Falcons ball 3rd and 1....and the game was over after that. I knew it as soon as it happened. Poor play calling in the last third of the game ended for the Falcons.

I heard some discussion on a sports radio program this morning that apparently Mike Shanahan has a reputation of being a little arrogant (who doesn't at that level?). Speculation was that he's tired of hearing about what great coaches Belichick and Daniels are, and was trying to stick it to them. Personally, I thought they were killing the Patriots up to that point, so why divert from a plan that had been working so well?

It should be interesting to see what Shanahan does for the 49ers. And I've got to say, Atlanta has a pretty explosive team, if they can hold it together they should be back.

bs

Here's a fun fact I just got from the talking heads on ESPN.

Total track record (all NFL games) since the dawn of the league. Win/loss record for teams down 25 points at halftime ...

4 - 1057
(0.37 % chance of winning)

Hey, pretty good odds! Can't see why everyone was worried about the Pats chances! ;-}

My sister in CO & I were texting all through the game. By halftime I said I was going to go sort my underwear & socks by relational connection.

My texts to her from 9:40PM on -

9:42PM: "Damn. DAMN!!!".

9:55PM: Football minutes, a lifetime, 1 TD w/ 1 2-pt. conversion, tie game. Pats look like they have the mo.

9:59PM: OMG

10:04PM: Underwear can wait.

And then another ~20 minutes of silence from both of us as we watched totally stunned as the Pats rolled it up.

An absolutely amazing game, like none other I can ever recall watching.

So glad I watched to the end, wow!

Probably the most exciting game I have ever watched, but I have to say this - Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban by MLB and the MLB Hall of Fame for betting on his own team to win. A tough decision but the right one to maintain the integrity of the sport. Tom Brady was caught knowingly cheating and given a slap on the wrist and even fought it with legal action. Now he's the best ever and guaranteed NFL hall of famer. The message has changed since Pete Rose and now might is right and cheating is OK as long as you win.

Yay...

My sister in CO & I were texting all through the game. By halftime I said I was going to go sort my underwear & socks by relational connection.

My texts to her from 9:40PM on -

9:42PM: "Damn. DAMN!!!".

9:55PM: Football minutes, a lifetime, 1 TD w/ 1 2-pt. conversion, tie game. Pats look like they have the mo.

9:59PM: OMG

10:04PM: Underwear can wait.

And then another ~20 minutes of silence from both of us as we watched totally stunned as the Pats rolled it up.

An absolutely amazing game, like none other I can ever recall watching.

So glad I watched to the end, wow!

That's funny. Nearly did the same thing (laundry work) as we're getting ready to head to Florida tomorrow.

Glad I stayed on board past half time.

Probably the most exciting game I have ever watched, but I have to say this - Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban by MLB and the MLB Hall of Fame for betting on his own team to win. A tough decision but the right one to maintain the integrity of the sport. Tom Brady was caught knowingly cheating and given a slap on the wrist and even fought it with legal action. Now he's the best ever and guaranteed NFL hall of famer. The message has changed since Pete Rose and now might is right and cheating is OK as long as you win.

Yay...
The commissioner found Brady guilty of having a "general awareness" of the footballs being tampered with. Brady was sentenced to a 4 game suspension which he served. It's time to move on. Pete Rose made the mistake of doing the one thing that MLB will never tolerate under any circumstance and he is paying the price.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom