Superbowl; Who Will Win..

Who's going to win the Superbowl?

• Falcons

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Patriots

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is it a surprise to see "deflategate" enter into the conversation here.

Let's face it - the Pats finished, and could not have done it without Brady at the helm. Fine game, historical moment, hall of fame performance. Let it go already. End of story.

PS ... I've noticed the poll count picking the Pats has gone up significantly since the end of the game ... CHEATERS!! <G>

Last time I saw something this spectacular was ... like ... NEVER!

(Sorry ... still rushing here ... I'll get over it in another day or so)

PS ... for anyone who missed it ... NFL Network is doing a replay tonite at 8PM est. Should be interesting to see if they play with the view angles using that fancy new virtual technology they were going on about. Doesn't seem like I saw a lot of that live, which tells me they either didn't use it, or it was seamless enough to blend in with actual camera footage. I do remember a few wraparound panning shots that I just attributed to the SkyCam and a really really good operator.

Oh: Another fun fact ... there were 70 cameras in play for LI ... wOw ... a typical game uses 15.

Last edited:
Probably the most exciting game I have ever watched, but I have to say this - Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban by MLB and the MLB Hall of Fame for betting on his own team to win. A tough decision but the right one to maintain the integrity of the sport. Tom Brady was caught knowingly cheating and given a slap on the wrist and even fought it with legal action. Now he's the best ever and guaranteed NFL hall of famer. The message has changed since Pete Rose and now might is right and cheating is OK as long as you win.

Yay...
Listen, DeflateGate or FrameGate or whatever you would like to call it was a TOTAL bag job perpetrated by the league office and a number of butt hurt owners. If you were to look at the REAL facts, not the lies and deceit perpetrated by the league office, you would understand this. Riddle me this....why hasn't the league office released the PSI data that they had collected during the 2015 NFL season? Why? Because it would invalidate their argument and destroy what was left of their credibility. The appeals court confirmed the fact that Roger Goodell, as commissioner, had every right to impose discipline per the CBA. District Court Judge Berman overturned Brady's suspension finding that there were "significant legal deficiencies regarding Brady's suspension, including inadequate notice to Brady of both his potential discipline (four-game suspension) and his alleged misconduct; denial of the opportunity for Brady to examine one of two lead NFL investigators; and denial of equal access to investigative files, including witness interview notes." Judge Berman asked NFL counsel Daniel Nash if there was “any direct evidence linking Mr. Brady to tampering?’’ Nash's answer was NO THERE WAS NOT.
Rant over...as you were.

Last edited:
Probably the most exciting game I have ever watched, but I have to say this - Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban by MLB and the MLB Hall of Fame for betting on his own team to win. A tough decision but the right one to maintain the integrity of the sport. Tom Brady was caught knowingly cheating and given a slap on the wrist and even fought it with legal action. Now he's the best ever and guaranteed NFL hall of famer. The message has changed since Pete Rose and now might is right and cheating is OK as long as you win.

Yay...

For the record, the NFL findings in a report that was something like 20x longer than their report concerning concussions the same year, was that it was "more likely than not that Brady was generally aware". Hardly conclusive, but he still got a ban that was twice as long as the guy who had elevator videos of him beating the crap out of his wife. So yeah, it may have been a little bit of a witch hunt.

bs

The last time I saw something this spectacular was back in Oct '04 when the Red Sox came back from 0-3 deficit to beat the Yankees in the AL championship game.

Go Pats!!

I won a fat bet on that one.Totally out of character to bet at all but my coworker was so far up the Yankees butt his smack talk could not go unanswered.

Listen, DeflateGate or FrameGate or whatever you would like to call it was a TOTAL bag job perpetrated by the league office and a number of butt hurt owners. If you were to look at the REAL facts, not the lies and deceit perpetrated by the league office, you would understand this. Riddle me this....why hasn't the league office released the PSI data that they had collected during the 2015 NFL season? Why? Because it would invalidate their argument and destroy what was left of their credibility. The appeals court confirmed the fact that Roger Goodell, as commissioner, had every right to impose discipline per the CBA. District Court Judge Berman overturned Brady's suspension finding that there were "significant legal deficiencies regarding Brady's suspension, including inadequate notice to Brady of both his potential discipline (four-game suspension) and his alleged misconduct; denial of the opportunity for Brady to examine one of two lead NFL investigators; and denial of equal access to investigative files, including witness interview notes." Judge Berman asked NFL counsel Daniel Nash if there was “any direct evidence linking Mr. Brady to tampering?’’ Nash's answer was NO THERE WAS NOT.
Rant over...as you were.

With 20-20 hindsight I would not change a thing as to how it concluded.

If anything it was like the Pats had a collective "Fine, we'll do it your way.".

/man, that booing was something.

Anybody else remember NoiseGate? Wonder if we'd see the same sort of disparaging commentary of the Falcons if they'd have won?

Or, no matter who won, where's the hate for the referees?

NFL's Head Of Officiating Addresses Referee Controversy

- New Orleans hit lists?

- New York Giants walkie talkies?

- Tampering with free agency? (Every team in the league)

- Carolina Panthers HeaterGate (2014)

- The NFL's glossing over of concussion issues?

And who could forget, - Houston's ... (drumroll please) ... DeflateGate v2006?
(everyone apparently)

And the list goes on. If you're totally bored and looking to rank some dirt on a team - any team:

http://yourteamcheats.com/

So ... either ban the game, or just enjoy.

Last edited:
With 20-20 hindsight I would not change a thing as to how it concluded.

If anything it was like the Pats had a collective "Fine, we'll do it your way.".

/man, that booing was something.

Loved how it concluded, historical to say the least, but my the thing that really burns my ass is how TB12's character and rep has been dragged through the mud. Very polarizing.

Talking heads are going on about how the MVP should have been James White ... but thing is, he would have never seen the ball if Brady hadn't been targeting him at the perfect times, right?

Me? I woulda picked Edelman, just for this ...

What would have been a KILLER conclusion is if the refs had decided after review the game wasn't over because White didn't cross the goal line ... wonder how long it would have taken to clear about 40 tons of confetti off the field? <G>

"What would have been a KILLER conclusion is if the refs had decided after review the game wasn't over because White didn't cross the goal line ... wonder how long it would have taken to clear about 40 tons of confetti off the field?"

Lol...my wife said the same thing!

Judge Berman asked NFL counsel Daniel Nash if there was “any direct evidence linking Mr. Brady to the jersey's disappearance?’’ Nash's answer was NO THERE WAS NOT.

:rolleyes:

The last I heard the jersey appeared on eBay and the listing was traced to Roger Goodell's seller account.

... at over inflated prices?

Here's a kicker ... If there is a jersey thief and if the thief is caught, he or she could face up to 99 years in prison under Texas law. :yikes:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/06/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-stolen-jersey-punishment

Last edited:
man, that booing was something.

Watched the Superbowl trophy ceremony again last night. I can see Michael Strahan in the background trying really hard not to laugh as the crowd booed Goodell. I love how the booing cutout, and went immediately to cheering when Kraft started speaking. Instant Classic.

Back
Top Bottom