High End Turntables

I've been away for far too long and I'm overdue for an update!

Triangle Art Concerto
Custom Triangle Art plinth
12" Jelco 750 tonearm
Jelco magnesium headshell
Shelter 501 MKII cartridge
MA Cotter Moving Coil Pickup Transformer MK 2L

Beautiful!

Here is mine. 120lbs marble plinth, ROK platter/motor, Infinity Black Widow tonearm lengthened to 13". My shop rate is $75 an hour and I have almost 100 hours into it.

DJnagle, did you sacrifice a $400 fly rod to extend that Black Widow? Amazing work of art! I'm getting some crazy ideas. You guys are a bad influence!

My 3 babies: Gerrard 301 with Graham 2.2 arm and Clearaudio Melody Cart.
Thorens TD124 w/ Zeta arm and 103R/Soundsmith cart.
Lenco L70 w/ Clearaudio Satisfy arm and Shelter501II cart.
This Gerrard 301 with a black top and the chrome, is absolutely gorgeous, congrats.

the latest iteration of my Garrard 401m two Fidelity Research fr54 tonearms , denon dl160 out back and a soundsmith retipped, cocbolo bodied dl103R up front.

I'm on the hunt for some pool table slate to make a new layered plinth. I have a friend who does waterjet cutting so as soon as I can find some usable material it's on! I want to do layered slate with two adjustable and removable armboards so I can easily switch out tonearms on the fly. I will keep you guys posted.

Beautiful tables/systems everyone!

My "project" I am working on...Micro Seiki RX 1500 FYG. Has souther arm and ET 2
07cc02f539601e88069908485ab87aeb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You ever get this beauty going? I've always lusted after a Micro Seiki!

the latest iteration of my Garrard 401m two Fidelity Research fr54 tonearms , denon dl160 out back and a soundsmith retipped, cocbolo bodied dl103R up front.

I'm on the hunt for some pool table slate to make a new layered plinth. I have a friend who does waterjet cutting so as soon as I can find some usable material it's on! I want to do layered slate with two adjustable and removable armboards so I can easily switch out tonearms on the fly. I will keep you guys posted.
Beauty
Beautiful tables/systems everyone!
Beauty !!

Clearaudio Champion Level II

View attachment 864565
Sweeeeeet!

I'm thinking of dumping what I have and moving up to a Clearaudio Performance DC, with the TT5 arm. But it will be a while, since my TT won't have much resale value (and weighs around 110 lbs. when it's in its shipping crate).

Well I suppose if I tally up the cost of Audio Technica OC 9 III cartridge, Marc Morin's custom upgrades, custom Lace wood base, Ortofon Hi Jack lift, Yamamoto ebony head shell, and Analysis Plus cables I can hit the $1500 cost of admission with this one.

Even a lowly AR XA can play in this thread!
index.php

Regards
Mister Pig
Love this table, can't wait until I finish mine. You still have your, yes?

Lp1201.jpg

My fairly loaded Lp12 Sondek w/Cirkus bearing, LV II tonearm, Lingo II, on a Neuance Platform, w/Akiva cart.

IMG_3404_zpsqslkqcaj.jpg

My Avid Acutus SP w/SME V w/Kondo fairyhair silver rewire, and Lyra Kleos cart.

Love both rigs, the Sondek was purchased new in 1982 with the tonearm and brought me closer to the music for nearly three decades. Only with the rebirth of vinyl and ridiculously high-end TT becoming introduced due I feel this table (to some ears) has finally been surpassed. A beautiful, lively portrayal (especially) of acoustic music. The Acutus SP is rock solid, while having the lively feel of the Sondek, it also has the solidity and punch of a fine high torque, mass driven TT and is a cake walk to set up compared to the previous. Once set up properly, it will not fall out of tune like the other.

Source first! Happy Listening! [|;^)>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom