Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Must be 2245 Day here on AK. Here's one I picked up a week ago. It had a horrible paint job on the cabinet and half the lettering was worn off the faceplate. So, I got the cabinet powdercoated with a matte black finish and found a black faceplate from a fellow AK'r (thanks Bob!!). Still have LEDs and a new speaker relay to do, but here's where I am so far:

_DSC3116.jpg _DSC3134.jpg

Must be 2245 Day here on AK. Here's one I picked up a week ago. It had a horrible paint job on the cabinet and half the lettering was worn off the faceplate. So, I got the cabinet powdercoated with a matte black finish and found a black faceplate from a fellow AK'r (thanks Bob!!). Still have LEDs and a new speaker relay to do, but here's where I am so far:

View attachment 861112 View attachment 861113
That is one beautiful 2245, Dave! I'm curious about the powder coating. Did you peel off the vinyl covering, and if you did, was that very hard?
Steve

Hi Steve. I asked them if they needed me to strip it before I brought it in but they said that they could sandblast off the speckle paint along with the original vinyl woodgrain covering underneath. They offered three different black finishes from glossy to matte. I took the semi-matte option and I love the look of it. I wanted something that would hide fingerprints and be durable. Plus I wanted something that would look better than something that I'd do with a spray can! Cost me $25.

Beautiful! I was just reading an old thread where Brians12v and KutzlerTrans were helping someone with their 4140. And Richs_Trains has one on the bench. I've been trying to stay away from quad units for fear of getting a second addiction. But you guys are like a black hole sucking me in.:eek::eek::eek:

Beautiful! I was just reading an old thread where Brians12v and KutzlerTrans were helping someone with their 4140. And Richs_Trains has one on the bench. I've been trying to stay away from quad units for fear of getting a second addiction. But you guys are like a black hole sucking me in.:eek::eek::eek:

conformconformconformconformconform.......

Back
Top Bottom