Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Its daytime but I'm on 12 hr mids so its the same as tonight to me:) . Listening to 90.7 FM. Its in evansville indiana. 80s weekend. Lots of good $hit and the wifes not home! Me and the toy fox are doing some mild jamming. Beds are burning is on now. Sounding great on the emotiva to pt-100 pre amp and a-300 amp. I don't know much but I love it! Its owned by the vanderburg county school system and there arnt many breaks between songs. Peace!

http://streema.com/radios/WPSR

Last edited:
Its daytime but I'm on 12 hr mids so its the same as tonight to me:) . Listening to 90.7 FM. Its in evansville indiana. 80s weekend. Lots of good $hit and the wifes not home! Me and the toy fox are doing some mild jamming. Beds are burning is on now. Sounding great on the emotiva to pt-100 pre amp and a-300 amp. I don't know much but I love it! Its owned by the vanderburg county school system and there arnt many breaks between songs. Peace!

http://streema.com/radios/WPSR
They apparently also have an HD stream of adult contemporary.

r-113.jpg Russian Classical on 88.1 out of Truckee, CA.
On a simple but great sounding one of these tuners.
Their transmitter never went down the whole 2 weeks of snow storms!

The Yamaha TX-1000 is a great tuner. With that said, I just received an absolutely spotless, mint Carver TX-11a. It truly looks brand new all the way around! Using one of the C.Crane FM Reflect antennas, the Carver is pulling in stations stronger and clearer than even the Yamaha. It's sound stage is also wider and more 3 dimensional than the Yamaha. I'm extremely glad that I bought this tuner as I almost passed it up.

Listening to WUSF FM 89.7 "All Night Jazz" - Carver TX-11a
p2171687460-5.jpg

p2171687464-5.jpg

Cube-tube
Noticed your TX11a. I can second your comments about its sound quality. I have the TX11b. If you have not used the noise reduction on 'marginal' stereo signals please try that. I think this is one of the best noise reduction systems I have heard. Keeps much of the stereo separation but really reduces the noise. I also have the TX11-1 which is the stand alone noise reduction system that can be used with virtually any tuner. Does the same thing as TX11/a/b with same great results.

In New York area, Friday night, listening to WQXR 105.9 fm - live from Carnegie Hall.
Tuner is Meridian 504.
Great programs on this station, always pleasure listening to - on internet as well. But I much prefer tuner sound.

If it's Saturday afternoon, it's 'Mixed Bag' on WFUV-FM 90.7
In the front parlor. The Scott 350 doing the receiving,The Fisher 400 doing the amplifying and the KEF-102s proving once again why I love the radio.
image.jpeg

WBHM, assorted jazz. Nondescript Pioneer BPC receiver on Polk minitower two-ways with sub that sounds great in the TV room. Also a cheap ass MCS tuner on an audiophile system into the other room. Also WBHM, and the MVS is a cheerful overachiever that works and sounds much better than could be reasonably expected. Found a Pioneer F9 tunah for $10 at a thrift this eve that may go there.

WBHM, assorted jazz. Nondescript Pioneer BPC receiver on Polk minitower two-ways with sub that sounds great in the TV room. Also a cheap ass MCS tuner on an audiophile system into the other room. Also WBHM, and the MVS is a cheerful overachiever that works and sounds much better than could be reasonably expected. Found a Pioneer F9 tunah for $10 at a thrift this eve that may go there.
Nice find. :thumbsup: The F9 is supposed to be a good tuner.

Jazz Impressions on 89.3 WNUR Northwestern University, Evanston IL. Pioneer TX-9800 > Pioneer SA-8100 > Celestion Ditton 33.

'Portraits In Blue' on WBGO 88.3 FM. The Decca years(1940s) Big Joe Turner with the Art Tatum Band.
I could listen to this all day long.
The Magnum Dynalab FT-101 ETUDE not missing a beat!

Back
Top Bottom