Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

You know, with a little ingenuity, that tube on the Penn may just hold enough nitrous oxide to be interesting??

Fastest little shit on the block....uphill too!

You know, with a little ingenuity, that tube on the Penn may just hold enough nitrous oxide to be interesting??

Fastest little shit on the block....uphill too!
Now you've got me thinking - I could adapt the Goped motor to the Penn and shoot it with Nitrous! If I only had the time..

Well stop teasing us... Pics please, good sir!!!

OK, dragged those L150's out, cleaned them up enough to drag them in the house and currently trying to figure out where to put them - not as easy as it sounds around here!

Tempted to part them out as a pair of crossovers alone went for over $300, but I'd be a dummy not to repair them and listen to whats called one of JBL's best.

Attachments

• 100_5310.jpg
    100_5310.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_5313.jpg
    100_5313.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 181
Especially since the obvious problem would be the 4 surrounds that need to be replaced. That's a very good return on your investment as it is quite possibly all that is wrong with them. Did you ohm out the drivers?

Especially since the obvious problem would be the 4 surrounds that need to be replaced. That's a very good return on your investment as it is quite possibly all that is wrong with them. Did you ohm out the drivers?

I haven't gone into these yet, but it's at the top of my "To Do" list, which is pasted under my "Must Do It NOW" list, which is under my "Get It The F. Done Already" list!

Wish the grills were in better shape. One is warped like a bow as you can see in the pic. The wood is that condensed saw dust crap like what Polk used in their Monitor series speakers, but these grills have a metal support frame which you'd think would've kept them from warping. Perhaps I'll cut new grill frames from plywood, install the metal supports and recover them with one of those crazy JBL colors like orange or blue..

Not really a garage sale score, but I hand out cards everywhere I go and last summer I handed a card to a man at a sale, and he finally called me last night. I ran over to his house and grabbed a Pioneer SX-1050, and a PL-570 for $260! :banana:
The table has some very slight peeling of the crappy vinyl veneer that Pioneer chose to use, and the 1050 needs lamps for the FM indicator and Speaker A indicator lights. They have just been ordered from Dwojo.
After a bit of cleaning, polishing, and deoxiting, they look and work pretty good. The stacked pic is when I brought them home last night.
32F21F9F-18C4-431A-96B7-75076829F05B_zps87reebr2.jpg

90E4A801-6DCC-4339-B031-93520A6388AD_zps5js0ea8r.jpg
000EF824-F3D4-4CAB-A5CF-9C235767EFE4_zps9iwpvh6b.jpg

Not really a garage sale score, but I hand out cards everywhere I go and last summer I handed a card to a man at a sale, and he finally called me last night. I ran over to his house and grabbed a Pioneer SX-1050, and a PL-570 for $260! :banana:
The table has some very slight peeling of the crappy vinyl veneer that Pioneer chose to use, and the 1050 needs lamps for the FM indicator and Speaker A indicator lights. They have just been ordered from Dwojo.
After a bit of cleaning, polishing, and deoxiting, they look and work pretty good. The stacked pic is when I brought them home last night.

Unbelievable score!!! I love the looks of that table! I learned along time ago, it never hurts to ask or bring up your interest in things no matter the situation. My greatest tool for finding great gear an scores have always been word of mouth! Nice!!

estate sale
all or nothing
went for all $500

paradigm 5se mkiii

kenwood ka-3500
pioneer sa-7500
sony str-4800 sd
all work sony needs some lamps

turntables
Yamaha yp-211 x2 [with original manuals]
pioneer es 2000
hitachi sr f770
hitachi ps-10
kenwood kd-2000
dual -502
dual cs-503-1
dual cs-505
sony ps-t33
technics sl-d2
some bottom end pioneer and jvc tables
15 tables in all

all need a cleaning, some a polishing
all have carts and stylus havnt had a chance to check those yet

4 new in box bi-amp style binding posts

guess i'm busy for a while :)
think i'll make my money back with some labor
now to find a spot for it :(

20170225_181537 (Medium).jpg

Now that is a Very Good Deal...as that TT is going for CRAZY $$'s......Enjoy!!!!!

estate sale
all or nothing
went for all $500

Could you explain:

1. What kind of estate sale has this many turntables? Was it a hoarder, and AK flipper or what?

2. Why they wanted to sell it all for one price? Usually they think they'll get a higher price on individual pieces.

hehe
he started building systems for his kids
and it just blew up
he never sold anything, his wife said enuff, he wanted it all gone in bulk
apparently he has more to go yet but not until summer
his system was carver stuff with Allison IC-20 speakers that he had have shipped from Vancouver to here

?

2. Why they wanted to sell it all for one price? Usually they think they'll get a higher price on individual pieces.

Time is money. It cost money to pay employees to stand around all day or weekend dealing with tire kickers for nickels and dimes. Put it one lot, take the moneys, and move onto another.

Lots of estate sales/auctions like that. At least here in CA.

Not here. Here, they would separate a bolt, washer and a nut. Everything is separate.
I see it all the time to around here alot of the collector/hoarders are in there 70s. Iv met almost all of them and there wifes a lot passing away, or downsizing and dont have time to deal with collections

Yeah, it's a real signature. From reading the back cover, the guy has a good sense of humor. It will be interesting to see what it sounds like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom