Table between your listening chair and speakers?

This is an older photo, as I'm currently using a different turntable and preamp...Even the curtains are different. The coffee table, however, is a mainstay. It was made by my wife's uncle, in wood shop, at the age of 16, a year before he was killed by a drunk driver, while changing a tire on the side of the road, in the early morning, on the way to the beach. She never got to meet him.
zzz.jpg

Main thing is to keep the tweets and mids above the table without exceeding ear level. Problematic with any table. Woofs are fairly non directional so shouldn't be an issue.

Cosy homepics, keep them coming!

A table will act like an acoustic mirror, moore or less. You could cover it up a bit to reduce it`s reflections or move it out of sight under heavy listening. Or just ignore it..

I had to move my little table out of the way because the 5% it covered was enough. Not ideal but you could cloth cover it with something awesome. Then instead of highs bouncing off it you'd end up with less sonic lapping...it that makes sense.

A table will act like an acoustic mirror, moore or less. You could cover it up a bit to reduce it`s reflections or move it out of sight under heavy listening.
Agreed. Room treatment 101: Cover that table with some sort of blanket while listening. Or barring that, have a lot of uneven clutter on it. It is a giant "mirror" that throws imaging and soundstaging way off since all of that energy is reflecting off of it. I have a fleece throw I toss over mine and it deadens the table to where you don't even notice it in the room.

Back
Top Bottom