Jesse James....no more custom bikes, now he`s building guns !

MaxxVolume

Lunatic Member
He`s been at it for a few years. In the beginning, a lot of people laughed at him, said nobody would take him seriously. 4 years later, he`s still at it, and there`s no denying that his stuff is pretty cool....that Damascus .45 looks quite impressive (but does it SHOOT ? :) )

I remember his TV show back in the day and thought he was a dick.
Pay Me Sucker!

Best-

Boozehound

Hey
Yeah, he always came off as a dick but he was entertaining dick.
I can't imagine buying one of his bikes, cars, or guns. I like my guns pretty plan and utilitarian. The hot rods and bikes were definitely over the top as well.
The "pay up sucker " tattoo I thought was priceless.
I don't know about the neo nazi stuff, but I have noticed that a lot of bike club people wear and talk that shit. I'm not the guy to try and correct they're ways.
Just my.02 Eric

i will say that he isn't a person i would care to meet, his work is interesting, whether that means his guns are functional or not I can't say, there are many guns though that have been made and are being made that are more to look at than to shoot.

I just enjoy seeing that independent American craftsmen can still make new and exciting products (albeit expen$ive) like these....

If what he says is true and his AR platform can sell in CA, CT, MA, NJ, & NY, he's made a very smart business decision.
I was thinking the same thing. im in Cali. the gun laws are just plain goofy. we have already found a work around with the AR ban, yet again. first was no more button ro release the mag. so then came the release needing a tool. the tool was a bullet tip. next a new law, no more bullet release alowed. so now you have to break the gun open to release the mag. it turns out its faster than using the bullet release. its always something. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. im in Cali. the gun laws are just plain goofy. we have already found a work around with the AR ban, yet again. first was no more button ro release the mag. so then came the release needing a tool. the tool was a bullet tip. next a new law, no more bullet release alowed. so now you have to break the gun open to release the mag. it turns out its faster than using the bullet release. its always something. :rolleyes:

Am I correct that there is no capacity limit if the magazine is fixed in the receiver on the AR?

If that's so, I'd probably just pin a 100rd. drum there and say the hell with reloading...

img_20140807_151348_195.jpg

oh ya' nothing bigger than ten rounds. its a new law on top of the old ten round law we already had. like i said, goofy.

oh ya' nothing bigger than ten rounds. its a new law on top of the old ten round law we already had. like i said, goofy.

Goofy is not the word I would use regarding Sacto. When I lived in CA a long time ago, the state got an AW registry in place. My recollection there was under 5% compliance. It actually alarmed the legislators quite a bit that people would not voluntarily come in and register. On a weekly basis there was a newspaper article or TV interview where one of the dipshits responsible would talk about jail time, property seizure, and other penalties if people did not register any they owned. All that did was convince people they were right to keep them them off the books.

This is about creating a monopoly of force and nothing more. Considering how few times an AW is used to commit a homicide I do not know how else you can view it? Here are some stats, the highest figure for rifles (all types) was in 2008 for 380 used.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2008-2012.xls

He still builds bikes. Just not as many. His guns command $5,000.00 and up and are very highly rated

Goofy is not the word I would use regarding Sacto. When I lived in CA a long time ago, the state got an AW registry in place. My recollection there was under 5% compliance. It actually alarmed the legislators quite a bit that people would not voluntarily come in and register. On a weekly basis there was a newspaper article or TV interview where one of the dipshits responsible would talk about jail time, property seizure, and other penalties if people did not register any they owned. All that did was convince people they were right to keep them them off the books.

This is about creating a monopoly of force and nothing more. Considering how few times an AW is used to commit a homicide I do not know how else you can view it? Here are some stats, the highest figure for rifles (all types) was in 2008 for 380 used.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2008-2012.xls
I forget the exact year (I know that it predates 2008 by a couple of years), but the DOJ`s Uniform Crime Report stated that that "the incidence of Assault Weapons used in crimes is so low as to be stastically insignificant".

I forget the exact year (I know that it predates 2008 by a couple of years), but the DOJ`s Uniform Crime Report stated that that "the incidence of Assault Weapons used in crimes is so low as to be stastically insignificant".

Basically you are ~twice as likely to die falling out of bed or your chair than being plugged by an EBR -

Fall involving bed, chair, other furniture: 650

http://danger.mongabay.com/injury_death.htm

He still builds bikes. Just not as many. His guns command $5,000.00 and up and are very highly rated

He did a series of build project videos where he'd make a WW2 style bomber seat or other item for his hot rod biz in Austn. They were quite enjoyable and way into the weeds on technique . You separate out his personal life from his craftsman life and you see a very passionate guy doing what he loves.

/i should be so lucky.

Back
Top Bottom