Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Thanks DC for the compliment. The guy before me did the switch to match his newer mc gear. He was going to switch back to the original look to sell it but I really liked the updated look as well. Here's another image. I also have a nos dial glass waiting to go in.

IMG_5156.jpg

Thanks DC for the compliment. The guy before me did the switch to match his newer mc gear. He was going to switch back to the original look to sell it but I really liked the updated look as well. Here's another image. I also have a nos dial glass waiting to go in.

I think it wears the updates very well and I would be inclined, like you, to leave it this way instead of changing it back. :)

I think it wears the updates very well and I would be inclined, like you, to leave it this way instead of changing it back. :)

Thank you. I won't be switching it back as I declined to buy the original bezel and endcaps for the unit. I couldn't see ever wanting that look for myself but I probably should have bought them anyhow for resale (they were a little pricey), ah well, at least I bought one of the last NOS dial glass' with it.

Reactions: DC
Saturday afternoon--NYC-----Mardi Gras music on WFUV-FM 90.7
On the work bench set-up
Scott 310-B Mono Tuner into a new,to me today,Scott 99C integrated into a AR-4x.
I'm sitting here--------numb! Should this sound this good?
#^*>% YEAH!

Last edited:
14890428515761951556873.jpg enjoying a little listen from 106.5 in North Carolina. Some good modern alternative tonight on a Sanyo 2050. Just cleaned the pots and checking the volume control. Now on to cleaning the tuner... Thanks to a thread on here, should be reading strong shortly lol

View attachment 866600
Nice Mac tuner! What I remember about that one is some really incredible selectivity. It has no problem picking out a weaker signal right next to a strong one.

Listening to best all 80s weekend on the pt 100 emotiva and audio technica m40s. WPSR is playing a great mix if your bored this weekend. 90.7 and it's online. Devo working in the coal mine is on Before that Whitney.

Last edited:
Listening to the evening Jazz program on KANU 91.5 in Lawrence KS - KU's station
The Pioneer TX-8500II is on duty tonight

Listening to WDRV (FM ~ 96.9) outta Chi-town on an Adcom GTP-502 pre/tuner.
Tuner aint nothing to write home about but it's a strong signal so it comes in nice & clear on just about any tuner in the house.
And usually the later it is ~ the better the music is.

Right now it's "Tom Sawyer" by Rush,which suits me just fine,as I like the band & like the song.

FWIW

Bret P.

KBAQ Phoenix, Sherwood S3000-V and Rotel RHT-10, both modified. I'm trying to get back into doing A/B comparisons.

Listening to my Yamaha T-2 and late night Jazz on KNKX (connects) 88.5 independent radio out of Tacoma WA. This station used to be KPLU and owned by Pacific Lutheran University who tried to sell it to the University of Washington late last year. Fearing this excellent station may alter it's wounderful Jazz focused broadcasts,18K donations netted $7M dollars to keep the station independent. It is now owned by a non-profit community group. I am very happy to say it is still transmitting crystal clear with 68K watts from the top of tiger mountain and remains a most excellent Jazz station!

Back
Top Bottom