fairchild preamp

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
Subscriber
i recently came across a fairchild 240(mono) preamp and have a chance to purchase it.before i do though i thought i'd ask first if anyone here has ever used one and how do they sound.i know how their amps sound and the quality of them and was wondering if thier preamps(particulary the 240) were of the same quality.
chris

i recently came across a fairchild 240(mono) preamp and have a chance to purchase it.before i do though i thought i'd ask first if anyone here has ever used one and how do they sound.i know how their amps sound and the quality of them and was wondering if thier preamps(particulary the 240) were of the same quality.
chris
Hi! Mr.Chris
I came from Thailand I have a pairs of Fairchild 240 preamp, Fairchild 255 amplifier ,I waiting for 4 years to match this set ,I read you any comment about fairchild gears ,you are professional fairchild fan club lol .
Regards
David

Last edited:
13years? This contest is over!
13 year old thread ressurection started by me that is a record.what did i win:rolleyes:

Hi gogo,thanks for the kind words about being the head of the fairchild fan club and welcome to audiokarma.i do like my fairchild gear and probally one of the first ak members to ever own and post about it.since this post which is 13 years old and with no replies it shows not too many people ever heard about the brand.things are a bit different here now 13 years later with numerous members having and owning fairchild amplifiers,preamplifiers and turntables.myself im more into the amplifiers and preamplifier side of the history of fairchild.audiokarma member sam cogley is a great source of information on thier turntables.we have a thread going in one of our forums called attention fairchild freaks where we discuss fairchild gear and post links to ebay auctions etc..the thread can be found here.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/attention-fairchild-freaks.378597/

Last edited:
48fa48a152bcc55086ace343c741b169.jpg

Thanks Chris and all Fairchild friends
Picture show it my one 255 amp,replace tube by used Italy tube "Fivre" ,I got this 4 years ago come with original tube 6L6 RCA metal tube ,5V4G General Electric tube,But I replace new tube show in pic,all of this amp not repaint and inside come with all original parts ,not done anything because ,I will find expert prfesstional man for service and check this amp before used,
I not expert Vintage Fairchild equipment but addict this Brand,If any friend can suggest me for information ,Please and welcome.
now ,I want about need the owners manual and schematic for the 240 and 255 ,for prepare restore before used it.
Regards
David

13 year old thread ressurection started by me that is a record.what did i win:rolleyes:

Hi gogo,thanks for the kind words about being the head of the fairchild fan club and welcome to audiokarma.i do like my fairchild gear and probally one of the first ak members to ever own and post about it.since this post which is 13 years old and with no replies it shows not too many people ever heard about the brand.things are a bit different here now 13 years later with numerous members having and owning fairchild amplifiers,preamplifiers and turntables.myself im more into the amplifiers and preamplifier side of the history of fairchild.audiokarma member sam cogley is a great source of information on thier turntables.we have a thread going in one of our forums called attention fairchild freaks where we discuss fairchild gear and post links to ebay auctions etc..the thread can be found here.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/attention-fairchild-freaks.378597/

Last edited:
Wrong schematic.thats for the 255a which used 6ca7/el34 and a gz34 rectifier.as been posted the original 255 used 6l6 output tubes and a 5v4 rectifier.my computer is down at the moment ut ill see if i can dig up the right schematic.if not im sure the sams is available on ebay fir the 255 as well as the 240 preamp.

Cant post links here to ebay but i did find both sams photofacts there for sale if you need them.you also might want to contact audiokarma member tom bavis as he has a huge collection of sams photofacts and more than likely has the one for your amplifier and preamp.if so he has them scanned and if not will and send it to you free.

48fa48a152bcc55086ace343c741b169.jpg

Thanks Chris and all Fairchild friends
Picture show it my one 255 amp,replace tube by used Italy tube "Fivre" ,I got this 4 years ago come with original tube 6L6 RCA metal tube ,5V4G General Electric tube,But I replace new tube show in pic,all of this amp not repaint and inside come with all original parts ,not done anything because ,I will find expert prfesstional man for service and check this amp before used,
I not expert Vintage Fairchild equipment but addict this Brand,If any friend can suggest me for information ,Please and welcome.
now ,I want about need the owners manual and schematic for the 240 and 255 ,for prepare restore before used it.
Regards
David

How do those fivre tubes sound? I have been wanting to get a pair of 6l6 and 6sn7s

Back
Top Bottom