Rarities

I've always loved music, but at some point I became a collector. I've managed to find, mostly by accident some rare stuff. Sometimes I've gone to the ends of the Earth looking for one album. Most are actually pretty good. Some are pretty bizarre experimental stuff. But most are rare.

What do you have that?

Beth Orton - Superpinkymandy, 1993.
Genre is electronica. Influenced and produced by her then boy friend William Orbit.
Limited Japan only release of about 5000 copies. Unlike her more folk flavored albums to come. Has a definite club vibe.

Superpinkymandy2.jpg

Last edited:
How about the rarest MFSL record?
They got the license pull on the release day and had to get back any that they already shipped out. There could maybe be 40-50 copies that got sold they never got back.

Heres a sealed copy

IMG_3261.jpg

Oh I have an open one also:D

Hands down the most expensive record I own is the sealed copy.

IMG_3262.jpg

One thing that draws me to albums is the cover art. The background painting is by Andy Warhol.

These are 4 separate albums. The yellow one shows the back. I got them from 4 different countries.
Germany - Magneta
US - Orange
Green - Japan
UK - Yellow

It's Debbie Harry. There are couple of decent songs.

rockbird4.jpg

Last edited:
The Children's Television Workshop - The Polyamorous Love Cult, 1997. Edition of 500.

Experimental rock that's kind of out there. Not bad.

Childrens_TV_Workshop_Polya.jpg

Last edited:
Another local goody

IMG_0819.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relix
Relix magazine was launched in 1974 as a handmade newsletter[1] devoted to connecting people who recorded Grateful Dead concerts. It rapidly expanded into a music magazine covering a wide amount of artists.[2] It is the second-longest continuously published music magazine in the United States after Rolling Stone. The magazine is published eight times a year

Merchandise and record company[edit]
To keep the magazine profitable, Kippel began dealing an array of collectibles geared towards Relix readers. This prompted him to create a merchandising divisions of the Relix company called Rockin' Relix/[4] Relix International. This led to many ties in the music merchandise world and Kippel gained connections all over the music scene. Kippel started a record company which he called Relix Records[4] i

Tom Jans - Eyes Of An Only Child, CD Mini-LP, 2007, Japan. The original LP came out in 1975 and is not that hard to find. But the CD-Mini-LP with obi and the stuff is.
I have two.

The most famous singer/song writer nobody nows. He died young in a tragic overdose from complications after a motorcycle accident. This album is in my Top 20 favorites. It's beautiful.

Tom_Jans_Eyes-front.jpg

Last edited:
Containher - Carbon Grey EP, 2013. The music was written, produced and performed by my friend April for Carbon Grey a comic book mini-series.

Containher-Carbon Grey.jpg

Ok more local SF goodies, Pearl Harbor and the Explosions, same album different covers. It came out and then they split up.

IMG_0833.jpg IMG_0834.jpg IMG_0835.jpg
That's Hillary and John Stench, the Stench Brothers, Stage name.

Also in 1980 when Pearl Harbor and the Explosions split up, Hillary Stench came over to a band I was working with to do this album.

The Visitors, No Sign of Intelligent Life, The cover photo is Lands End in San Francisco.

IMG_0827.jpg IMG_0828.jpg IMG_0829.jpg

At the same time 1980, John Stench teamed up with Jorma Kaukonen as a band called Vital Parts
Album Barbeque King

IMG_0830.jpg IMG_0831.jpg IMG_0832.jpg

Wow I just found this vid, Hillary is is doing this show covering bass for Vital Parts. You will clearly see why the Stench Brothers made a mark in the Bay Area.

Last edited:
I pulled an original 1978 Alkana ~ Welcome To My Paradise out of a box at a garage sale that had been picked over for hours. Private label release of around 500 copies.

For somewhat common (around 64,000 pressed) but expensive, an authentic stereo Beatles ~ Introducing the Beatles. Another lucky garage sale find.

Two sealed Twilight Singers LPs at the GW. Blackberry Belle and She Loves You. Side project of Greg Dulli of the Afghan Whigs.

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnNjZG4uY28vaW1hZ2UvZGNlZDM3MzVlYmNjYTQ3NWEzZTk0OWEyYWE5ZWQwNzhjMzhkYWMyYw==.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know that the Pearl Harbor and the Explosions LP was rare. I have the one on the right with the black cover.

I found these two at the same Arc for $1.99, about a year apart.101_0240.JPG 101_0445.JPG

Back
Top Bottom