Rarities

Kremski.jpg

Volumes 1-12 of Alain Kremski's recordings of Gurdjieff/De Hartmann pieces. I've never seen another photo of the complete collection.

Took me 10 years of Ebay notifications and Amazon searches to collect them all, the last was found in Germany just last year.

Nathalie Archangel - Self-titled, 1987.

A pretty good album that the record company failed to promote. It just disappeared.

Nathalie_Archangel.jpg

i'd love to find a copy of that Gandalf record

I about fell over when I found it. The funny thing was that it was in the bin backwards. I looked at the back and thought that it looked like some late 60's, early 70's band. Then I flipped it around. What's even cooler is that it's a promo (you can see the "Free" in the upper corner).

I have to admit that I am in a good spot for thrift finds. There are a lot of retired military here and as they donate their collections I get all sorts of foreign stuff. As you might guess I'm a fan of Wishbone Ash and I've picked up immaculate copies of their albums from Great Britain, Germany, France, Canada and the Netherlands for pennies. Same with bands as disparate as the Beatles and Van der Graf Generator. And while the ability to find vintage equipment at the thrifts has all but dried up here, I still find plenty of good albums. Not quite like the 128 album haul and the 164 album haul I had 8-10 years ago, but I often come home from hitting 2-3 thrifts with 10-15 good LP's.

George Benson & Al Jarreau - Givin' it Up, 2006.
Limited Edition Super Disc + HDS Surround DVD

Got this at a fundraiser from Head Monster, Noel Lee. I remember trying to sell and give this away awhile back. I'm glad I still have it. It sound freaking amazing.

Benson_Jarreau_SuperDisc.jpg

Last edited:
Matisse et la musique. Centre Pompidou, 2006

"Henri Matisse used to work by listening to Jean-Sébastien Bach.

But its for music does not end there. The artist has collaborated in Stravinsky's "Chant du Rossignol", he frequented Eric Satie, Prokofiev, Gershwin and realized the album of collages "jazz"."

Centre Pompidou

Matisse-et-la-musique.jpg

Last edited:
Rod Stewart ‎– Every Picture Tells A Story. Taiwan, 1971
Tailee ‎– TLA-6736

I've had this album for years and it may be the first time it's been played. I always thought it was some cheap knock off. It's not. The jacket is printed really weird. It looks like a bad photocopy wrapped completely outside and inside in something like shrink wrap. The record, surprisingly sounds pretty good.

Some old rocker brought this and a bunch of others from Taiwan to California. This is the only one I grabbed.

Rod-Stewart_EveryPictureTellsAStory.jpg

Bread & Roses: Festival Of Acoustic Music. Greek Theater, U. C. Berkeley (live), 2LP, 1979

Mimi Fariña - Intro
Jesse Colin Young - Sugar Babe
Dave Van Ronk - Swinging On A Star
Malvina Reynolds - Little Boxes
Pete Seeger - Sailing Down My Golden River
The John Herald Band - Ramblin Jack Elliott
Ramblin' Jack Elliott - San Francisco Bay Blues
Hoyt Axton - Boney Fingers
Hoyt Axton - Evangelina
Arlo Guthrie - Al The Goose
Boys Of The Lough - General Guinness / Irish Reel
Mickey Newbury - San Francisco Mabel Joy
Dan Hicks - I Got Mine
The Persuasions - Another Night With The Boys
Richie Havens - What About Me?
Buffy Sainte-Marie - Universal Soldier
Country Joe McDonald - Save The Whales!
No Artist - Committee Rap
Joan Baez - There But For Fortune
Toni Brown & Terry Garthwaite - Beginning Tomorrow
Maria Muldaur - Walkin' One And Only
Tom Paxton - Last Thing On My Mind
Jackson Browne & David Lindley - For Everyman
Finale (All) - Just A Closer Walk With Thee

Bread&Roses_Festival-of-Acoustic-Music.jpg

Rod Stewart ‎– Every Picture Tells A Story. Taiwan, 1971
Tailee ‎– TLA-6736

I've had this album for years and it may be the first time it's been played. I always thought it was some cheap knock off. It's not. The jacket is printed really weird. It looks like a bad photocopy wrapped completely outside and inside in something like shrink wrap. The record, surprisingly sounds pretty good.

Some old rocker brought this and a bunch of others from Taiwan to California. This is the only one I grabbed.

View attachment 882287
I have a Johnny Cash LP in the same vein, Everybody Loves a Nut, on red vinyl. I've also saw Ferlin Husky and Hank Williams, Sr., though the vinyl was standard black.

i'd love to find a copy of that Gandalf record

If I ever get back into my storage bin, I'll check the "Gs" for this one, pretty sure I have 2-3 copies of it, and send you one. If I ever get back into my storage bin. <sigh>

While I'm here...

TT.jpg
These Trails (S/T, 1973)

One of the best (soft) Psych LPs in my collection. Band were based in Hawaii. The sound of main vocalist Margaret Morgan (RIP) is sublime.

piano one, 1985
Label: Private Music
Ambient, jazzy and experimental piano.

Eddie Jobson
Ryuichi Sakamoto
Joachim Kuhn
Eric Watson

Piano-one_Ryuichi-Sakamoto.jpg

I bet no one has this, just got it a few days ago at the record store just had to have it. Pretty rare as it's not even logged on discogs and not any sales I could find. A 1980 record and they must have really let them get in the water for the photo shoot.

IMG_0843.jpg IMG_0844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom