Philips CD Player belt: Gone with the wind! Help!

chadbang

Today I had the worst thing happen. I need to replace the belt on the Philips CDM-2 laser assembly. Today, I opened the machine and removed the belt which drives the tray. I place it into an an envelope and carefully tuck it in my into shirt pocket. My plan was to go to Frys and try to find a similar size belt (that failing, Home Depot or Lowes for a comparable size thin O-ring). No sooner than I start driving that I pull my driving glass out of my pocket and little envelope with the belt flies out my window! I couldn't believe it. I carefully tucked that into a small envelope and purposefully placed it in my pocket and out the window it goes! I was fuming!

Now, tonight, I just wasted 2 1/2 hours on the web trying to find out what size that belt was. NOBODY has this information posted: What is the size of the tray drive belt on the CDM-2 Philips laser? Help! Does anyone know! I may end up having to buy a multipack of size from China (one month wait) to try and figure out the right size and then rebuy a better one! Oh the pain. I even know the part number and it's no help. 482235820116 ANTRIEBSRIEMEN

Please, does anyone know the dimensions of the belt on these units?

Last edited:
Advice from a website selling replacement belts:

CD / DVD /cassette drive: Use a piece of string or wire to measure the total distance round the band drive path. Then deduct approximately 10 to 15% to allow the correct drive tension.

Here is the site:

http://www.cassettedrivebelts.com/

Google is your friend.

Shelly_D

Looks like 5.6" IC belt (measured six inches exactly, but you subtract 5-7%. for tension and 5.6" is a very common size.) I did manage to ferret out after three hours on the web that the diameter of the square belt is .125" although some like to use a .165" diameter belt. I found one right in the middle of those sizes and bought it. Will report my success.

Back
Top Bottom