Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I had a tx-930 among others. I also once had a C-70 preamp (with that door!). My semi-serious comment wasn't about a tuner per se, it was about that door! The TX-2000 had the door, but I think it might have only come in that champagne color.
Yes, the heavy aluminum doors are a treat... Really nice feature indeed

L
Tx OTB

They were actually released in the late 60's early 70's according to the Yamaha history http://ae.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/hifi-history/speaker/

An update and perhaps I can now understand why people did not really take this up...
it is actually so ahead of it's time & unique I think.
Firstly it is based on musical instruments hence comments you see that say place them 15 cm from walls was perhaps just to get the marketing going , but I moved them into the room even further yesterday after reading that they were based on instruments such as a grand piano / organ etc ... those are never that close to a wall...
So if you have a pair do this move them into the room & then even more into the room ,,, mods open up magically and bass ... wow .... the stage or whatever the audiophiles call it have a d path I cannot even explain ... these things are nothing short of spactacular when used correctly and finally that SET quality shows itself even more with sounds falling out of the air a few meters away from the speaker ... I literally had to switch off Booker T last night when that distorted paddled guitars started playing ... that's how good this sounds...

So I've moved them more in say 2.3m from back wall and very close to each other ... man you gotta enjoy soul and blues tracks in this way to understand what those musicians were doing....

I hope someone else have a set of the Ns30(upright version as in the video above) or similar to these ns330 or bigger 3 way ones to be able to verify what I am hearing( of course use a good set amp)

I am thinking , how would a stacked pair sound like .... sure it will be huge ...

See latest position ( hopefully these cellphone pics can show some idea)
View attachment 830111
View attachment 830112

Looks like a Nakamichi LX-5 in the mix? I have mine in my refurbishment queue, after my 1020.

My LX-5 project will be much later this year. I have quite a few excellent cassettes with recorded content. Much of that is from my vinyl period. Sadly, I sold my Yamaha Yp-B4 & all of my vinyl when I moved to Asis in 19995. Now, I recognize that all as being irreplaceable.

We gave away my dads rogers and pioneer valve amps with Gerard 301 to make space for the latest Philips music centre (with CD player ) ... at the time we must have thought what an upgrade .....

Back
Top Bottom