Happened on a horribly abused looking 2250b

Very convenient how that part of the unit was missing from the original photo. IMO, simply because I cannot deal with a bent face, a replacement would be secured and the stress from contemplating removal of decals - eliminated! ;)
ya thats funny how it didnt show in the pic, but i still took it, well even with the bad face i couldnt resist here is the pics after 3 hours

...pssst, I liked it better with the Edlebrock decals! :rflmao:Freaking awesome job! :thumbsup: Just a thought, regardless of face replacement; use this one to "hone" your skills at correcting this face issue. I've seen Steven use some clamps and straighten the rear panel, you never know, the right amount of heat with proper clamping might surprise you. Just a thought.

...pssst, I liked it better with the Edlebrock decals! :rflmao:Freaking awesome job! :thumbsup: Just a thought, regardless of face replacement; use this one to "hone" your skills at correcting this face issue. I've seen Steven use some clamps and straighten the rear panel, you never know, the right amount of heat with proper clamping might surprise you. Just a thought.
thanks , i been thinking about heating the corner up nothing to loose, i am probably posting a wtb in barter town for a used face plate, i have looked at a few that are really scratched at auction, i think the 2250 plate is the same as my 2250b, saw one that was nice $65 + shipping ugh. anyway most important It sounds very nice. and everything works. ,

i been thinking about heating the corner up nothing to loose,

Be careful using heat, I don't know how the silk screened ink will react to heat.

If you can't find a proper smooth jawed machinist vice, a normal bench vise with two flat, smooth pieces of steel on both jaw faces will also work.

I think it will look great once you straighten the corner.
You could even refurbish the brushed finish with a scotch-brite pad and a delicate touch.

The damage is part of the receivers story.

Good luck

Be careful using heat, I don't know how the silk screened ink will react to heat.

If you can't find a proper smooth jawed machinist vice, a normal bench vise with two flat, smooth pieces of steel on both jaw faces will also work.

I think it will look great once you straighten the corner.
You could even refurbish the brushed finish with a scotch-brite pad and a delicate touch.

The damage is part of the receivers story.

Good luck
I like this approach, was thinking last night about the silk screening myself. Given that aluminum is one of the best conductors of heat, I would take a few smaller, 1/4" pieces or so that can be placed on both sides in the vice and apply heat to these pieces directly rather than the face-plate itself. This should protect the face-plate (silk-screening) and still transfer the necessary heat to achieve pliability.

View attachment 883976
A few weeks ago I came across this one with in a box of misc. parts. I don't need it and would be happy to donate it to your project. It's in pretty nice shape but not quite perfect. If you want it, PM your address and it's yours.
Wow that's Awesome !!!!!, I will pay u something, super!, I was bringing the faceplate to work tomorrow with a vice here, I can just see it just possible cracking, I have named this thing "mr ouch" . I will message you bluestime !

I saved a base parts turntable from the dump, it came out decent, im going to pair it with this receiver in a corner of my room. just went to hardware store for rubber feet and some springs for supporting the TT

ya thats funny how it didnt show in the pic, but i still took it, well even with the bad face i couldnt resist here is the pics after 3 hours

Yep from me too. The hide and cheekiness of some people.
That bend tells me the unit may have been dropped ??
I know aluminum is softish, but these are quite thick.

Back
Top Bottom