Show Me Your Sansui!

Came across this recently in the recycle pile, I decided to get an AU-9500 to go with my TU-9500 but this may do. It's a second system, the 8700DB is downstairs. Sounds great

AU-555A
P2130252.jpg

Last edited:
Scored this QRX 4500 recently......... Using it as 2ch only for now, loving the sound. Plays perfectly , only the cabin will need some polishing.....
Would it make a difference plugging my tt in the unswitched plug in the back of the amp? Also should i have it checked for caps etc? Previous owner told me he only used it as a tuner....

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_104904.jpg
    IMG_20170217_104904.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 19
Thanks! But now I'm being told I'm not allowed to play the AU-919 anymore until I get it rebuilt. :( This sad face is not nearly sad enough. I know they're right and I've known it a long time but it's just so depressing.

So I'll go in the other room and play the G-801! :banana:

Here's my 500a. I had it connected to my Salk Song Towers for most of the day today. It sounds just like the one I bought as an 18yo in 1965 in Yokuska Japan at the Naval Exchange. I should never have sold it. Very clean sound from the lowest to the highest notes. This pic was taken a few years ago during a restore by an AK member. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Cosmetics are decent and the sound is way more than decent! Next purchase will be a pair of AR2ax speakers - that will approximate the setup I had in the mid-late 60's. But I'm not going looking for the Garrard tt I had. That was a POS. The Marantz works just fine.

Last edited:
Ok, so i may have just hit the biggest home run of my vintage audio life. So After searching on Letgo, I came across a posting for a Sansui stereo, in good condition, an Akai reel to reel, a small set of Bose speakers and several albums for sale. The seller was in the process of moving into a new home and was busy with the move, and I had a preplanned trip to west Texas and was hoping that she just wouldn't sell the items from underneath me. Well, long story short, when I got there, my jaw hit the floor when he opened his garage door, and there on top of a slew of boxes sits a G22000. I'll admit that i didn't even know what it really was, all that i knew was that it was huge and heavy, and at the price that he was selling it for, I didn't even question whether or not it worked or not, i just saw that this unit was in excellent condition and i knew that even if it didn't work, I would be able to have it repaired. I quickly looked up the model number and my blood pressure probably went through the roof when i did a quick search for it. I was giddy on the trip back, and couldn't wait to get home to see if it worked.
Of course, it was in protect mode, so I immediately took it in to be repaired at Fort Worth Audio. Otis ended up doing the repair work and was super nice and went to the extra mile to clean her up and replaced 32 caps, disassembled the amplifier unit and removed and cleaned the output relays and speaker relays, adjusted the bias on the amp. He repaired the umbilical cord as it had broken off the back as well.
I was expecting a better sound than that of the old Kenwood 125 watt amp that i had purchased back in the mid eighties but I was completely blown away by the sheer power and clarity of this unit. Deeper bass, higher highs, more "umph" all the way around. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase and have literally come home every night since and listened to music pretty much non-stop.

Back
Top Bottom