Legion (new X men show on FX)

mhedges

Anybody catch this the other night? I thought it was pretty good, and the sound was phenomenal. I've just recently put a good surround system in, and so far I can't think of any movie or TV show that's sounded better.

Have you met his dad?

images

Caught it last night ... quite good, if a bit confusing. This will be one of those you'll definitely have to close attention to follow the storyline. Basic premise is he has a whole bunch of distinct personalities, each if which has it's own unique superpower. Betcha the special effects team was in seventh heaven when they got the gig ...

Just watched ep 1 last night. I though it was really good. I like that they took some risks in presentation and story telling. So many of these Marvel projects are turning into just boring action-fests, at least in the movies. I like to be challenged to think a little.
I also loved when the Jane's Addiction song Up the Beach kicked in. Brought me right back to high school!

Just watched ep 1 last night. I though it was really good. I like that they took some risks in presentation and story telling. So many of these Marvel projects are turning into just boring action-fests, at least in the movies. I like to be challenged to think a little.
I also loved when the Jane's Addiction song Up the Beach kicked in. Brought me right back to high school!

I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel movies. To me they are too sugarcoated, and basically just long TV shows. The DC movies may have problems but at least they are trying to make actual movies.

I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel movies. To me they are too sugarcoated, and basically just long TV shows. The DC movies may have problems but at least they are trying to make actual movies.

Marvel has pulled off a few surprises, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange.

Marvel has pulled off a few surprises, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange.

I must be the only person on earth who didn't think GOTG was great. It was OK, but to me it tried a little to hard. Plus I have a thing against Mcguffin movies (Pulp Fiction excepted).

Dr. Strange was ok. Fairly standard origin fare at this point.

My wife & watched it and enjoyed it. One thing I liked was the retro vibe to everything and discovered the intent for that.

You are seeing the world as he sees it so..... he may not be a reliable narrator; not unlike Mr. Robot.

Sign me up!

Noah Hawley is at the helm on this and the two seasons of Fargo were some of the best TV in the last 10 years or more. Period. People love working with that guy and he just makes gold. I'm a little miffed that Legion means it will be a long wait until Season 3 of Fargo, but growing up a Marvel collector, I'll take it. I've read a few interviews with Hawley and he's pretty set on this being a stand-alone and not a team-up/crossover with the rest of the Marvel U. That's a good thing. Some of the background tunes on the premiere sounded really close to the Stranger Things soundtrack, which isn't such a bad thing.

It's amazing how many great shows FX has (some even shifting to FXX) and how much shit there is on Fox.

Noah Hawley is at the helm on this and the two seasons of Fargo were some of the best TV in the last 10 years or more. Period. People love working with that guy and he just makes gold. I'm a little miffed that Legion means it will be a long wait until Season 3 of Fargo, but growing up a Marvel collector, I'll take it. I've read a few interviews with Hawley and he's pretty set on this being a stand-alone and not a team-up/crossover with the rest of the Marvel U. That's a good thing. Some of the background tunes on the premiere sounded really close to the Stranger Things soundtrack, which isn't such a bad thing.

It's amazing how many great shows FX has (some even shifting to FXX) and how much shit there is on Fox.

Interesting I didn't realize anyone from Fargo was involved, other than the one actress. But now that you mention it the retro vibe is a little similar to a Fargo Season 2.

Just watched episode 2. This show is weird. It's hard to follow. I'm sure part of that is the "gimmick " of the show but I think they need to dial it down a bit.

Watching a crazed Mathew Crawley (Dan Stevens) struggle through paranoid sourcing of his powers is intriguing -
but they need some kind of periodic payoff for all the story switchbacks the viewer wades though ...

Watching a crazed Mathew Crawley (Dan Stevens) struggle through paranoid sourcing of his powers is intriguing -
but they need some kind of periodic payoff for all the story switchbacks the viewer wades though ...

Totally agree.

If Fargo is any indication, the payoff is usually the end of the season when everything crashes together, usually in spectacular fashion. I like the pacing and the style of this and Fargo. Hawley knows what he's doing and does it better than most everyone else out there.

So it has Jean Smart and Rachel Keller from Season 2 of Fargo. Anyone else? Anyone from season 1 (didn't watch it).

Those of you who have tuned into this show may have noticed the Pioneer RT-1011L appearing several times.

20170220_215148B.jpg

Notice how they threaded the tape around the pinch roller.:rflmao: It actually causes the tape to run backwards through the machine. Clearly, they need an AK consultant on the production team. :D

20170220_215148A.jpg

Sadly, it met it's demise on a recent episode.

20170308_215254A.jpg

Les.

The first episode was confusing to say the least but I re watched it and continued on with the season. I'm glad I did,this show is a mind blower. After reading one of the threads here are they saying all the characters in the show are the main character Mathew Crawley? Interesting.

Those of you who have tuned into this show may have noticed the Pioneer RT-1011L appearing several times.

Notice how they threaded the tape around the pinch roller.:rflmao: It actually causes the tape to run backwards through the machine. Clearly, they need an AK consultant on the production team. :D

Sadly, it met it's demise on a recent episode.

Les.

Wonder if the tape was only set up to run backwards during the flashbacks? <G>

That's ok ... Matthew's got a backup plan ...

The first episode was confusing to say the least but I re watched it and continued on with the season. I'm glad I did,this show is a mind blower. After reading one of the threads here are they saying all the characters in the show are the main character Mathew Crawley? Interesting.
The overweight/creepy demon (also his dog, his pal Lenny, etc.) that's possessing David is Amahl Farouk/The Shadow King.

Certainly makes you go huh ... What's interesting is how many characters each of the characters develop over time. Fer instance, Lenny starts out as his psychotic drug buddy and ends up as his psych ... psyche!!

MV5BYTNkZGYxMDgtYjM1OC00ODhmLWJiZDEtNzU2M2QyMTcyYzEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNTYwNDg@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

If this show is based on a comic I have to apologize. I stopped buying comics when they went from 12 cents to 15 cents.

Back
Top Bottom