Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

SD Modiano

Chasing that audio dragon
After an arduous, months long journey of researching, saving, buying....and repeating this process for each of my components, the system has finally been assembled....well, I AM still on the hunt for a TT upgrade. :naughty:

What started as an effort to identically replicate AK member 4-2-7's system, ultimately evolved into the system you now see.

In this corner, standing at 6 feet, 3 inches....weighing in at two hundred and forty pounds....the B&W Matrix 800!!!

The B&W's are quad wired and each is powered by it's own McIntosh MC501 amp. A McIntosh C100 (courtesy of AK member 4-2-7) serves as the pre, which is currently fed by a Concept 2QD and Micro Acoustics 2002e. All of the components are resting upon a Box Furniture Co. HD3S audio rack. Cables are Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval. Speaker wires are Analysis Plus Black Oval 12.

While the sound is positively glorious, the limitations of my front end are apparent. Currently considering Feickert Firebird or AMG Viella.

3.11.17 stereo 001.JPG
3.11.17 stereo 003.JPG

What started as an effort to identically replicate AK member 4-2-7's system, ultimately evolved into the system you now see.

As it should be, you got to put your own twist into the mix. The C100 and MC501s are absolute keepers for a long time though, what a combination.

When I got here was after buying my C100, I came asking questions about it. Mike Gibson replied and has one, and since then we now have a big following here in the mac forum over the performance of the C100. Many members are starting to buy them as it's such a good bang for the buck and really it doesn't get much better than that to control your system.

You should also post this in the Mac forum, well done well done....

What a great looking set up you have there and I'm betting it sounds equally wonderful. I see you had your C100 on 75 for the pic:rockon:

No 24" subwoofers in sight?....
There ARE 2 x 12" in each of the 800's. That's gotta count for somethin'. :dunno:

As it should be, you got to put your own twist into the mix. The C100 and MC501s are absolute keepers for a long time though, what a combination.

When I got here was after buying my C100, I came asking questions about it. Mike Gibson replied and has one, and since then we now have a big following here in the mac forum over the performance of the C100. Many members are starting to buy them as it's such a good bang for the buck and really it doesn't get much better than that to control your system.

You should also post this in the Mac forum, well done well done....
'twas seeing your wild ass system that inspired me, man.
:beerchug:

What a great looking set up you have there and I'm betting it sounds equally wonderful. I see you had your C100 on 75 for the pic:rockon:
Glad you noticed. That's been the standard cruising altitude around here lately.

;)

Very impressive system!
It's been extremely fun, emotionally rewarding, and financially draining all at the same time. Good times....good times.

Mighty fine!

Rome
I thought I heard someone playing Lightning Hopkins really loud, but I figured it was one of my neighbors here in Nebraska.
Yeah...that was me. Any requests?

awesome system. those are the macs that i envy

invest in room treatments and speaker DSP!! the sonic improvement will vastly outperform a component upgrade

Glad you like the speakers, i figured you would. I like the simplicity of your signal path.
Rock on!

awesome system. those are the macs that i envy

invest in room treatments and speaker DSP!! the sonic improvement will vastly outperform a component upgrade
Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Glad you like the speakers, i figured you would. I like the simplicity of your signal path.
Rock on!
I'm grateful you encouraged me to have a listen to the 800's. I was on the fence about making the journey down to LA to audition them. I'm SOOOOO glad I did.

Oh my.....congrats and enjoy!!
Enjoying it everyday.

Good goobady goo Grady!....those are impressive indeed!:bowdown:
:banana:

Those b&w are seriously impressive looking speakers.
I assure you they sound even more impressive than they look. ;)

:D

Back
Top Bottom