My Setup

'These things go to 11', they certainly do.

I played through a 50 watt, 1987/1990 combination, backed up by either a 100 or 200 watt Traynor, when needed.

With the 200, I had 365 watts through 16 10" speakers.

Lots of fun.

Lu.

Thanks everyone. I will be getting some Ei "Telefunken" short plate tubes next week, NOS, Pre-War, and can't wait to see how well they end up sounding.

Thanks everyone. I will be getting some Ei "Telefunken" short plate tubes next week, NOS, Pre-War, and can't wait to see how well they end up sounding.
Looks very nice. I have 2 Yamaha's 620's back home that sound wonderful. I had to upgrade lights to LED so I went with green. I recently purchased a tube phono stage and also getting other matched tubes to try out. I have read lots of good things on the Telefunken tubes and there on my list. I started with Matched Pair of NOS JAN- 5751 Tubes, By G.E., 4-pole, There in there now and they sound really good. I really like to get a duplicate TT so I can run it through the amp's built in phono stage and listen to the difference between tube's and amp's phono stage playing the same album at the same time.

Looks very nice. I have 2 Yamaha's 620's back home that sound wonderful. I had to upgrade lights to LED so I went with green. I recently purchased a tube phono stage and also getting other matched tubes to try out. I have read lots of good things on the Telefunken tubes and there on my list. I started with Matched Pair of NOS JAN- 5751 Tubes, By G.E., 4-pole, There in there now and they sound really good. I really like to get a duplicate TT so I can run it through the amp's built in phono stage and listen to the difference between tube's and amp's phono stage playing the same album at the same time.

I have heard a marked difference with the Ei's already and they haven't even been burned in yet. I have heard that these tubes create an almost 3 D type sound output at times, and I found this to be true. I love rock, especially some hard stuff, and the guitars are a little more punchy than what I have heard with others. So far I'm pleased. Can't beat the price I paid: $49, shipping included.

I know what your talking about as far as a 3 d type of sound. After using the tube phono stage and proper speaker placement. I thought I was hearing my kids messing around upstairs moving stuff around. I yelled out to them to knock it off. The sound was coming from a album I was listening too. It happened more and more like voices between tracks I'm not familiar with sounds like someone or something is in the room with you it trips me up sometimes like blaming the dogs or kids lol.

My modest system: Technics SL-D202 w/ Audio Technica AT120ET, Yaqin MS-23B Preamp, Yamaha CR-620, KLH 23's
My rig is a mixture of old school and new tech. IMG_4144.JPG

Denon PRA 1500 preamp /Denon 1500 tuner
Yaqin tube buffer
Yaqin phono preamp
Denon step up transformer.
Denon DL103r MC cartridge
Technics SL 1100 w/SME M2-9 tonearm
Yamaha S1000 CD-R
Emotiva XPA -100 mono block amp (pair)
Audio Control C 101 EQ
Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors
Polk Audio 12" Sub. (It sucks. Need to upgrade)

Last edited:
Sweet I like
My rig is a mixture of old school and new tech. View attachment 895342

Denon PRA 1500 preamp /Denon 1500 tuner
Yaqin tube buffer
Yaqin phono preamp
Denon step up transformer.
Denon DL103r MC cartridge
Technics SL 1100 w/SME M2-9 tonearm
Yamaha S1000 CD-R
Emotiva XPA -100 mono block amp (pair)
Audio Control C 101 EQ
Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors
Polk Audio 12" Sub. (It sucks. Need to upgrade)
it

Update on my set-up: I just received a pair of Polk Audio TSI100's so I am using them in tandem with the KLH 23's. I have an added dimension using both sets that I just never had with the KLH's alone, but if I run the Polk's alone, the sound isn't as good either. It was a match made in heaven for me. The new speakers allow me to explore a different frequency response than I had before. Listening to vinyl is a new experience now. I love my sound, but... I can always make it better.

Back
Top Bottom