Marantz CD 6000-OSE

one19

Looking at a used Marantz CD 6000-OSE, described as excellent condition, made in 1999. I haven't been able to find a lot of information about this unit online so I thought I'd ask here... anybody have experience with this player? I can get it for $50 with remote and original manual/box. That seems fair but then I started looking around at used CD players online and the prices vary greatly.

Thoughts? Good unit... fair price?

00606_kGa2gZVTM3u_1200x900.jpg

Thanks as always!

You need to listen to it first. If you are merely going for the cheapest player, any one will do. One reviewer said he didn't like the treble coming from this machine. It sounded screechy to him. Only your ears can decide.

Thanks for the comments, Mamrak... I wish I could listen to it but that won't be possible. Besides, how accurate would a listening session be without my receiver and my speakers? I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with this model and if it was regarded poorly or highly, in general. I'm someone who values online reviews as long as they were written by real consumers with real experience of the product in question.

Thanks!

Excellent machine, well worth the $50. Not quite the super-machine that Ken Ishiwata breathed his magic on, but I have to think that if he chose this machine to hot-rod, then even the regular version would be decent. If working properly, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Excellent performing machine with a few of Marantz's HDAMs, a tweaked power supply, a fat heavy base plate and a bunch of superior components.

The mechanisms can be touchy when they get old, but if yours is fine now, look after it and enjoy. A total steal at $50.

Thanks, fellas. Picked it up tonight and it's in great shape, close to mint. Have to wait till the weekend to set it up, though.

Weird, Larry... I just now saw that you're in Colorado. Me too. I just picked this CDP up from a guy in Boulder... then drove home to Greeley.

Peace. Have good night all.

Thanks, fellas. Picked it up tonight and it's in great shape, close to mint. Have to wait till the weekend to set it up, though.

Weird, Larry... I just now saw that you're in Colorado. Me too. I just picked this CDP up from a guy in Boulder... then drove home to Greeley.

Peace. Have good night all.

Good deal, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Yep, I'm in West Littleton, just east of the foothills.

If you'd like to meet some other CO AKers, I'm sure quite a few of us will be at Vintage Voltage on Jan. 26th - might be worth the drive from Greeley down to Northglenn.

Cheers,
Larry B.

one19: Nice price - and decent model. I paid 598 DM each for mine new, when I bought my two exemplars in August 2001. And 998 DM for each of the two PM8000s.

Larry: It would be nice to see Denver again (and how it has changed). We were there a couple of times, when I visited my aunt & uncle in Winter Park 1993. For example, I still remember that pretty impressive museum of natural history and that restaurant with the indoor waterfall.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: What I also remember are two trips, one to Royal Gorge and one to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings Museum. And I think on the latter we also came through an area with pretty impressive rocks produding out of the landscape, which quite obviously attracted a lot of climbers.

Last edited:
It's great that you've been able to visit Colorado, Manfred. It's one of my life's goals to visit Munich, particularly in October! I'm hoping that in the next couple of years my wife and I can make the trip.

Larry: It would be nice to see Denver again (and how it has changed). We were there a couple of times, when I visited my aunt & uncle in Winter Park 1993. For example, I still remember that pretty impressive museum of natural history and that restaurant with the indoor waterfall.

P.S.: What I also remember are two trips, one to Royal Gorge and one to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings Museum. And I think on the latter we also came through an area with pretty impressive rocks produding out of the landscape, which quite obviously attracted a lot of climbers.

Hey Manfred:

Yep, I'm lucky to live in such a beautiful place. The "impressive rocks protruding out of the landscape" were likely Garden Of The Gods, very close to Manitou Springs. No idea what the restaurant with the indoor waterfall might have been. Winter Park has grown enormously since 1993, I'd think!

Cheers,
Larry B.

Larry: Googled for pics - and yup, Garden of the Gods it was. And I've also found the restauraunt: That's Casa Bonita (I only remembered "Casa something" ;)).

And yup, Colorado indeed is a state with lots of nice places. I've also enjoyed Missouri, though (funny to see lots of German names everywhere...) - and of course the SF Bay Area. Less so Florida, 'cause the climate was killing me. Anyway, back to Denver area: Iirc, real estate prices already were quite on the rise back in 1993. Has that trend continued?

one19: Definitely - and I'd sure still like to see more of the US and also visit some places again.

As for you coming over, you should first be aware that the Oktoberfest actually happens during September for the most part and barely reaches into October (typically just the last few days). But to be honest, I think we've got more interestings sights in Munich (and Bavaria in general) anyway - and also nicer, more original fests, if you'd really like to visit one. What could be interesting for you is the big parade right at the beginning of the Oktoberfest, though. That's really nice to watch - at least, if the weather is ok. Typical average for the Oktoberfest time is one week of nice weather and one week of rain, btw - and your best chance for nice weather in Munich would generally be from the beginning of August to the end of September.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Larry: Googled for pics - and yup, Garden of the Gods it was. And I've also found the restauraunt: That's Casa Bonita (I only remembered "Casa something" ;)).

And yup, Colorado indeed is a state with lots of nice places. I've also enjoyed Missouri, though (funny to see lots of German names everywhere...) - and of course the SF Bay Area. Less so Florida, 'cause the climate was killing me. Anyway, back to Denver area: Iirc, real estate prices already were quite on the rise back in 1993. Has that trend continued?

Manfred / lini

Ah, Casa Bonita. There's a local joke: You may be from Denver if you've been to Casa Bonita, but only to take out-of-town guests.:biggrin: Decor, impressive. Food? Not so much.

Denver housing prices are climbing faster than a coloratura's high C. Seems Denver suffered less than other areas in the 2008 financial crisis, but there's lots of new construction under way. Still expanding faster than natives would like.

Florida? "God's waiting room". No offense to Floridians.

/threadcrap

Cheers,
Larry B.

Back
Top Bottom