Mcintosh turntables

Damn Darell:thumbsup::thumbsup: Now there's a system worthy of an MT10 if I ever saw one. Wow that's some serious eye candy
Actually I was thinking about selling some of my SOTA Star tables and other decks I have and getting higher up the SOTA food chain.

I enjoy my Mt10
Agree a little funny looking
Agree bad dust cover
Speed not issue
Interconnect length not issue
Set up easy

I was at my dealer last week getting a demo of the Revel Salon 2 (more on that drool session later) and we were using his MT10. I can tell you that the meter on the front is NOT a real time speed indicator - it's only able to tell you if you are on 33, 45 or 78. We noticed that the pitch was fast on 33 so he had to get out the tiny screwdriver to turn the screw in the back. It had no effect on the meter.

IMHO the cart was slightly bright and the overall tone was a bit bass-shy compared to either of my tables. It's a looker for sure, but there are better options out there as we all know.

jblnut

I was at my dealer last week getting a demo of the Revel Salon 2 (more on that drool session later) and we were using his MT10. I can tell you that the meter on the front is NOT a real time speed indicator - it's only able to tell you if you are on 33, 45 or 78. We noticed that the pitch was fast on 33 so he had to get out the tiny screwdriver to turn the screw in the back. It had no effect on the meter.
jblnut

I think your dealer's MT10 is broken. On mine, if I slow down the platter by hand, the meter dips accordingly.

Perhaps it's just not possible to see the difference in the meter when making small changes in the pitch. Fair enough then.

A stobe it's not however....the meter needs 3 ranges with much finer resolution to be useful in setting pitch.

jblnut

I'm liking the look of some of those JA Mitchell tables. How's the build quality?
Michell tables have always been built to high standards and always known to have a modern timeless look. The Gyro's where designed I think around 1982, this Focus one was designed and built in 1979.

With a SME 3009 arm it looks a bit older

IMG_1691_zps7c2c4441.jpg
But add a strait arm and you would think it's a new table made today

IMG_2208_zpsig55aalm.jpg IMG_2204_zpsv05poazt.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a thread of mine that has a step by step photographic setup of my Gyro SE.

Michell Gyro SE, Mk V, TecnoArm, Sumiko Blackbird, Setup Photos.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....ecnoarm-sumiko-blackbird-setup-photos.709440/

Thanks for posting that. I like the fact that it doesn't look like a common turntable (that's what's attracting me to some of the VPI tables). A cool mechanical, futuristic look that is high quality. Unfortunately, some of the tables that I like best are $30,000+ I'm willing to pay up a little, but that's out of my range.
It would be cheaper to buy small CNC machine and design one myself. Lol.

Thanks for posting that. I like the fact that it doesn't look like a common turntable (that's what's attracting me to some of the VPI tables). A cool mechanical, futuristic look that is high quality. Unfortunately, some of the tables that I like best are $30,000+ I'm willing to pay up a little, but that's out of my range.
It would be cheaper to buy small CNC machine and design one myself. Lol.
The Gyro's don't cost that much, they are cheaper than a SOTA Star when buying new full retail.

Skipping some small things a silver Gyro cost new.

Tabel $2700
Arm board $125
Technoarm $1100

Black ones and the other components cost a bit more and are usually not in stock and have to be ordered.

The Gyro's don't cost that much, they are cheaper than a SOTA Star when buying new full retail.

Skipping some small things a silver Gyro cost new.

Tabel $2700
Arm board $125
Technoarm $1100

Black ones and the other components cost a bit more and are usually not in stock and have to be ordered.
Dan - looks like you've got like one turntable for every 3,000 records now!

Back
Top Bottom