Advice needed on handling a situation with a fellow board member

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmfree

I looking for advice on handling an issue with getting an amp back from a fellow board member that I sent to him for repair over 7 years ago. I have been trying to keep it civil and have been asking nicely since last June. He keeps saying he will send it back but until this date I have received nothing and now appears to be ignoring my messages. From what I have heard from a few other board members this seems to be a common issue with him. And yes he is still alive because he posts daily on the Yamaha Forum. Any advice would be appreciated on how to handle this situation amicably. Thanks

7 years?? How did it go for that long? Was there an agreed upon finish date before you contracted the repair? You said you "asked nicely" since last June... why did it take 6 years to inquire? what are we missing here...

Ask for it back no matter the stage it's in. I would post their name and call them out on the board for blowing you off for so long.

I know I can lag at times when helping local members with setting up their tables and servicing them a bit. However I'm not charging anything and havent had their components more than a few months, 3 at the tops.

You said you "asked nicely" since last June... why did it take 6 years to inquire? what are we missing here...

Even if he said take your time I'm in no hurry.....fast forwards to 6 years is like the person who took the job in doesn't plan on doing it. Fast forwards another 8 months asking for it back. It doesn't take 8 month to ship anything.

What you are missing is that there is no one else out there doing these repairs for starters. Merrylander stopped doing repairs and Echowars had a wait of well over a year at the time. When I sent it he was going to get on it right away and then after that it was one excuse after another as to what the problem was and what extra parts (extender board) he was going to have to build to repair it. Inquiries were on going over the last 6 years. With no where else to go to for a repair I have been just sucking it up but at this point I just want OUT and to end the nightmare. I have heard of others threatening legal action to get there items back but I certainly don't want to go that route. On the bright side he has repaired a few amps for me but all took about 2 to 3 years when I was originally quoted 6 weeks, but at least they got repaired and worked fine.

Ask for it back no matter the stage it's in. I would post their name and call them out on the board for blowing you off for so long.

I know I can lag at times when helping local members with setting up their tables and servicing them a bit. However I'm not charging anything and havent had their components more than a few months, 3 at the tops.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who it is.....he posts daily with suggestions to help out fellow board members and is the only one I know of who is doing repairs. I didn't know what the forum rules were for actually naming someone and possibly starting a dispute on the forums so I am reluctant to do so.

You have the address and or contact info right? I'd talk to a lawyer about options like sending a letter demanding some sort of action on his part.

Barney

7 years is outrageous. An 8 month delay for a request for return is outrageous too.

Well, I guess he's on notice now. Tell him you need a tracking number by Friday or you're posting your story in detail and his ID. :biggrin:

Stick to the facts. Be honest. You have a right to tell your story. The truth is always the ultimate defence.

Of course, ideally, you get your gear back and we don't need the soap-opera here.

Last edited:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who it is.....he posts daily with suggestions to help out fellow board members and is the only one I know of who is doing repairs
I'v been here a long time and this is probably my first post in this subforum, if I don't have or any interest in the components no reason to comment.

However reading your title is another story and warrants a comment.

7 years is outrageous. An 8 month delay for a request for return is outrageous too.

Well, I guess he's on notice now. Tell him you need a tracking number by Friday or you're posting your story in detail and his ID. :biggrin:

Stick to the facts. Be honest. You have a right to tell your story. The truth is always the ultimate defence.
I agree, I think he knows he is on notice now and I expect contact with a tracking number by the weekend. I am speaking in facts and is why I did all correspondence through the forums PM system.....it's all on record. If it's not shipped by then I will go public with the name

Seven years. YIKES!

Sure sounds familiar though. I just finished repairing one of two B-1 amps for a fellow member that were with this very well known tech here. The tech had them for four years and it wasn't until I volunteered to take them on that he released them and with some attitude I might add. Before that all the guy got was excuse after excuse.

Last edited:
Regardless of the outcome, I feel it would be a huge disservice to others to NOT have your experience posted in the feedback forum.

I know I wouldn't be very happy going through the same experience you're having now, especially if I had the opportunity beforehand to make an informed decision on whether to use someone's services.

Regardless of the outcome, I feel it would be a huge disservice to others to NOT have your experience posted in the feedback forum.

I know I wouldn't be very happy going through the same experience you're having now, especially if I had the opportunity beforehand to make an informed decision on whether to use someone's services.
Fully agree

This sort of thing comes up every now and then. I remember one quad guru who got rave reviews for quality of work and turnaround time, and suddenly it all went horribly wrong. Seems like it took years to sort that one out, and not to everyone's satisfaction at that. Personal problems, and an inability to recognize they just can't deliver anymore make a nasty combination.

If you're communicating at all, I'd say give fair warning, then post up a name and do us all (including him) a favor ...

Seven years. YIKES!

Sure sounds familiar though. I just finished repairing one of two B-1 amps for a fellow member that were with this very well know tech here. The tech had them for four years and it wasn't until I volunteered to take them on that he released them and with some attitude I might add. Before that all the guy got was excuse after excuse.
Sounds like we are talking about the same tech! And this is a B-1 as well

Take these guys wit ya ... <G>

We here for da gear!
(Put dem knuckles away. He ain't said no yet. Say no, sir ... just say no ... please ...)

L%20to%20R%20Paul%20Cartwright,%20Recce%20Jones,%20Sean%20James,%20Marcus%20Portman,%20H%20Harry%20Robinson%20TD84393F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom