I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! another fun thread

onwardjames

Hoardimus Maximus
Subscriber
Hey, since we got the "Pet Peeve" thread, and the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, I figured we might as well have a thread celebrating all those little "Hell YES!" moments that life has to offer.

The rules - if you love it when that happens, tell us about it.

I'll begin.

I love it when......you are going about 60, and dreading hitting the brakes, then, like an answered prayer, the light turns green.

Isn't that just peachy??

Anything goes, ya'll. And yes, that's a legit word here in Kentucky.

I love it when I get all worked up in a thread, and Tim come in with a voice of reason.

Or not...:D

But at least he'll email me while on a ban, with a hay man what the hell you doing:bye:

Damn right. You all are my people. We all say things we regret from time to time, or the words get all misconstrued and tangled. It's life, no reason at all to take it seriously.

Nice start, people. I especially agree with the cop thing. Seeing karma deal out its certain and deserved justice is truly a guilty pleasure. Hey, I love it when that happens.

I love it when......you are going about 60, and dreading hitting the brakes, then, like an answered prayer, the light turns green.

Anything goes, ya'll. And yes, that's a legit word here in Kentucky.

You'd love it even more if you were driving a dump truck that needs brake work pulling a trailer. It took a close call to get the boss to fix it.

"Y'all" is commonly heard in TX too.

I love it when the cop coming up fast behind you pulls over the rascal in the car in front of you.
True story: One time in NJ in 85, my brother-in-law was driving home from church with my sister. A car exactly like his (green Plymouth Horizon) flies up behind him, whips around him and continues flying along. Within seconds, my brother-in-law is being pulled over. He tells the cop, "You're never gonna believe this, but a car just like this one just passed us." The cop said, " You're right, I don't believe you." Took his credentials and went back to the cruiser. Seconds later, the cop ran up the car, threw my b-i-l's paperwork at him, yelled, I believe you!" and took off. As soon as they rounded the corner, there was the other Horizon smashed into a utility pole.

I just love it when I am sitting in my boat with the dog and halibut pole with bated hook 50 feet below, just above the sea floor, sitting right over my favorite spot. On good days it isn't too long and yank! My dog starts whining cuz he KNOWS what is coming to the surface! :jump:
SAM_1706 copy.jpg

Last edited:
True story: One time in NJ in 85, my brother-in-law was driving home from church with my sister. A car exactly like his (green Plymouth Horizon) flies up behind him, whips around him and continues flying along. Within seconds, my brother-in-law is being pulled over. He tells the cop, "You're never gonna believe this, but a car just like this one just passed us." The cop said, " You're right, I don't believe you." Took his credentials and went back to the cruiser. Seconds later, the cop ran up the car, threw my b-i-l's paperwork at him, yelled, I believe you!" and took off. As soon as they rounded the corner, there was the other Horizon smashed into a utility pole.

Shades of "My Cousin Vinnie". :D

When someone at hunting camp has been to the outhouse before you on a cold morning. Warm seat...HELL YEAH!

Crazy story, SJJ concerning that green plymouth. And drummindaddy, I've heard it said that the only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm one, but in this case, I think not, lol.

When you awake in your bed, you're pretty snug and comfy, dreading the alarm going off, and you look to see you have a whole 'nuther hour to snooze.

Happened to me this morning, and yes, I love it when that happens.

When I get over-the-top customer service just for the asking. Yesterday I all too quickly down-loaded a couple of hi-rez albums at work. Well I already had a CD rip of one of them. Sent an email explaining my screw-up. Immediate response asking what the original order number was. Explained it was a rip not a previous purchase. A few minutes later, cha-ching - full refund! They could have easily said no, after all you can't return a down-load, but they were cool about it instead.

Back
Top Bottom