AU D11ii, G99x, G90x, G77x, and d77x Service Bulletin resistors ?

ecommers

Has anyone done this upgrade? The reason I'm asking is I'm rebuilding another AU D11ii and as I read the instructions it saying to replace R1 thru R4 with 820ohm which is fine except the AU D11ii has 510ohm resistors populating those spots. I'm thinking to replace the same value as that's what worked before.
Just want to be sure with my interpretation of the instructions.

Thanks EdAU-D11 II Service Bulletin 1018.jpg

You seem to be misunderstanding the whole point of the service bulletin - it was released with a recommendation to change the values of those resistors. Or if they are already 820 ohm - to make sure they are ½ watt flame proof types - that is what you have to do - simple.

The changes are for safety or operational reasons, as described in the 'symptom' section of the bulletin (just above the instruction regarding resistor changes).

If you replace the resistors with the same value, you might as well not have read the bulletin at all. :rolleyes:

(sorry I'm in a 'sassy' mood this afternoon).

Last edited:
SN 654019782 The one I'm working on
SN 673117748 My first one
Both are AU D11ii
Been busy this winter with other restorations.
G-7700
G-8700db SN 810080274
Sansui SE-7
Fisher CA-271 (for my sister)
HK 330b
PS Thanks for the Trophy

Last edited:
I find the D11ii darn near impossible to work on. Is there a trick for better access?

TIME and PATIENCES !
Make sure you have lots of room on your work bench.
I find it very helpful to first remove the transformer. Mark all your sockets and unplug. Desolder the one transformer white wire going to (F-4287 Protector/power supply board).It really helps having all that weight removed.
Then I start on that side of the amp F-4292, F-4287, and F-4291. Then I move to the front that's when thing really start to fall apart. I place the unit on a piece of sample carpet. It kind of helps keep things somewhat organized and its great if you have to spin the unit around. If your doing the main amp board you've pretty much totally dismantled the unit. Again use the carpet to help hold it somewhat together.
Happy Soldering
Ed

Back
Top Bottom