What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

What about when you're at a food service outlet, even at a fair, and the person serving you is taking NO attempt to cover their bare hands as they are making up your food before you eat it. There are laws?

Just me on this pet peeve?

Q

my stereo cables being pinched under furniture, or someone deciding to move something of mine that was being worked on, and moving the little screws that were in a pile ,i loose my mind, someone setting a receiver down on the power cable. stretching a power cord ugh.

In residential areas, people that shovel or blow snow into the street. These are the same pelletheads that blow grass into the street in the summer.

Laws and ordinances don't stop inconsiderate (fill in your own favorite adjective) from behaving like one.

Then when at a buffet/smorg/grocery store, you have the person picking up (without the given tongs) buns, etc. putting them back and making another choice. YUK!

Q

Both police brutality and snowflake people are problems, not one or the other.

Pet peeve: people who posit false dilemmas.

Totally agree but I think the term is 'false dichotomy': the idea that there are only two states, viewpoints or alternatives available and that the two must be opposites.

Why is it that everybody on television feels they have to have their teeth bleached to a blinding shade of white? It just looks ... phony. And kind of spooky. I'm all for a nice healthy-looking set of ivory choppers, but the the talking heads on CNN are starting to make me feel like I'm getting my news commentary from the Stepford Wives (and husbands).

Saw a teeth bleaching commercial where they used the 'tissue test'. Hold a white tissue next to your face and look in the mirror. If your teeth are not as white as the tissue, you need our product. :rolleyes:

I know it has been mentioned more than once in this thread (more than likely by myself), but there seems to be a steadily growing trend of people who leave their high beams on all the time because they have a low beam burned out, and don't want to be pulled over and ticketed.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I witness this at least three or four times a week during my commute, and it's truly frustrating, though not nearly as bad as the jacked-up redneck trucks with improperly aimed HIDs and LED fogs. Just replace your low beam and stop blinding other drivers, ya lazy bum...

I'm seeing ones with both high and low on and fully working! Cars and trucks both. Saw a huge pickup truck the other day with all that PLUS fog lights on the bottom - in broad daylight. :dunno: I guess they like to buy light bulbs often.

Attachments

• Debate_dichotomy.jpg
    Debate_dichotomy.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
What about when you're at a food service outlet, even at a fair, and the person serving you is taking NO attempt to cover their bare hands as they are making up your food before you eat it. There are laws?

Q

Most places I've been in cooks, preparers and servers work bare handed, I consider it the normal way of doing things. I assume local laws might require hand washing after using the john, the employer should require it anyway. In some places I see people working wearing thin plastic gloves.

Most places I've been in cooks, preparers and servers work bare handed, I consider it the normal way of doing things.

A guy walks into a fancy restaurant and orders a steak dinner. The waiter first brings a salad, which he serves with a pair of tongs. When the steak is served, the waiter places the steak, potato, broccoli, all on the plate with the tongs. He also sets a roll and butter on the table with the tongs. "I'm curious," says the man. "You serve all of the food with the tongs. May I ask why?" The waiter replies, "That's because the owner is very sensitive about cleanliness and sanitation. All of the cooks must wear gloves, and none of the servers are allowed to touch the food. We must use the tongs." The man says, "Well, I'm really impressed!" The waiter leans over and says, "You haven't seen nothing yet. See this string tied to my belt loop? It goes inside my zipper. We aren't even allowed to touch THAT. If we have to relieve ourselves, we just drop our zipper and pull on the string that's tied to IT." The man laughs and says, "Well, that's the damnedest thing I've ever seen. But tell me - how do you get IT back in when you're done?"

The waiter leans over and whispers, "I don't know about the other guys, but I use these tongs!!"

This is my favorite thread on AK

Yes I agree!it is a good one!

I'm happy you guys like it. In my yin/yang way, we also have the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, plus a splinter off that, "I Love It When That Happens", which is a collection of anecdotal happenings that are either serendipitous or just pleasant.

So, bitch in one thread, make people happy on another, and on yet another, share a happy moment.

Now where's that "Cables don't matter and 'vintage' is God" thread.............:rflmao:

When I'm logged in I see this message
(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
at the bottom of the
It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute
thread

At a restaurant ... the waitress brings your food to your table ... sets it down and before you take your first bite ... immediately asks you "How is it?"

or you walk into a restaurant with a please seat yourself sign. You sit down and the waitress asks you "Sir, would you mind sitting somewhere else?". My response is "No, I don't mind at all" ... then I just get up and walk out the door.

Last edited:
For a while now I have an urge to strangle conspirationists or how the hell are they called. These F****RS are everywhere irl and on the internet. We have the flat earth, chemtrails, NWO, brainwashing, mind control and so on. What is wrong with this world? I thought that people are usually good and smart, but man, the gene pool is full of scum.

For a while now I have an urge to strangle conspirationists or how the hell are they called. These F****RS are everywhere irl and on the internet. We have the flat earth, chemtrails, NWO, brainwashing, mind control and so on. What is wrong with this world? I thought that people are usually good and smart, but man, the gene pool is full of scum.

I'm not sure if "conspirationists" is a word, but let me simply say this - Not every "theory" passes muster, and by extension, not every "theory" is without some merit.
What matters is using logic, reason, and gray matter to sift the pearls from the poop. And then there is a mindset so evil, so bent by greed and an unproven idea that the world is THEIRS to rule, that the average man/woman cannot comprehend it.
PM me, sobolan, should you wish to have a friendly discussion on such matters. Carry on, everyone. :thumbsup:

Then take the blue pill. ;)

Working on restaurant equipment for awhile ....well I could take any restaurant in the world and show you places even the inspector doesn't look at and you won't want to eat there anymore. Nothing is sacred.

Working on restaurant equipment for awhile ....well I could take any restaurant in the world and show you places even the inspector doesn't look at and you won't want to eat there anymore. Nothing is sacred.

My buddy works as a USDA meat inspector. He won't tell me what he knows, says I'd never eat again. Probably right.

However, here's a real peeve - thanks to absurdly stringent standards, you cannot get a good-tasting burger anymore from Wendy's, Ronnie Mac's Steakhouse, or anywhere except hardees, and they're usually so hard to eat, you don't bother (ridiculously large, and too much stuff piled on). They irradiate the beef until they actually have to add beef flavoring in order to right things, or so I read.

I mean, really, take a look at that ugly patty on your Big Mac. It's revolting, isn't it?

Does it HAVE to be this hard?

Back
Top Bottom