Rarities

Tricia Lundeen's album on ARK. ARK No. 2218-S. Can't find much on it. One listing on Discogs. Only came in a plain white cover. Lovely voice singing covers of Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Elton John, Stevie Wonder etc. I have no idea if she ever recorded anything else.

tricia-lundeen-tricia-ex-outstanding-audiophile-recording_3278127.jpg ARK .jpg tricia-lundeen-tricia-ex-outstanding-audiophile-recording_3278135.jpg

Tricia Lundeen's album on ARK. ARK No. 2218-S. Can't find much on it. One listing on Discogs. Only came in a plain white cover. Lovely voice singing covers of Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Elton John, Stevie Wonder etc. I have no idea if she ever recorded anything else.

View attachment 890419 View attachment 890420 View attachment 890422
Love this kind of stuff. We've all heard all the popular music from the top conductors, bands, and musicians. Just as much passion and work went into creating these works. While not always great, I find listening to them a refreshing experience.

one pixel - remember a couple of years ago you sent me that? I finally found the LP in a pawn shop.

The only copy I've ever seen in all my hunting. Id say it's pretty rare. Hard to find, anyway.

Hope you enjoyed it! If you like the music, I can send you the record. One track is noisy though. It's the one album I have two copies of. I got it to give away.

I enjoyed Five Summer Stories, very nostalgic, especially if one were growing up on Oahu in the late '60s and early '70s. That Garry Lopez was an artist, eh? The King Of The Left Pipeliners. Thanks (again) for mentioning & recommending the film.

I enjoyed Five Summer Stories, very nostalgic, especially if one were growing up on Oahu in the late '60s and early '70s. That Garry Lopez was an artist, eh? The King Of The Left Pipeliners. Thanks (again) for mentioning & recommending the film.
Glad you enjoyed it. Did you see a 10 year old Laird Hamilton? At the premier on Maui, they had a raffle I was one ticket short of winning the only prize, of any Lightning Bolt board from Gerry’s new shop.

Glad you enjoyed it. Did you see a 10 year old Laird Hamilton? At the premier on Maui, they had a raffle I was one ticket short of winning the only prize, of any Lightning Bolt board from Gerry’s new shop.

Yep, 10-yo Laird was depicted @ least twice in the film.

one pixel - remember a couple of years ago you sent me that? I finally found the LP in a pawn shop.

The only copy I've ever seen in all my hunting. Id say it's pretty rare. Hard to find, anyway.
Meggy, Which album are you talking about? The Right Said Fred?

1962 Philips UK Robert Johnson Jazz Masters series mono. If anyone else has this please stand up
IMG_4160.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_4162.JPG
I've read all I can find about this release, which isn't much. One source says it was only available for a month in '62 before the rights changed over. By all accounts it is rare. I found it in a record shop while looking for other blues titles for $10. It is by far the best RJ release I have heard, with his vocal not sounding so high pitched and tinny. I will admit I never heard him on 78 however. Another source says this is the RJ that was introduced to England, influencing Clapton, the Stones, Page etc.. The next RJ release there was in '66.

1962 Philips UK Robert Johnson Jazz Masters series mono. If anyone else has this please stand up
View attachment 898091
View attachment 898092
View attachment 898093
I've read all I can find about this release, which isn't much. One source says it was only available for a month in '62 before the rights changed over. By all accounts it is rare. I found it in a record shop while looking for other blues titles for $10. It is by far the best RJ release I have heard, with his vocal not sounding so high pitched and tinny. I will admit I never heard him on 78 however. Another source says this is the RJ that was introduced to England, influencing Clapton, the Stones, Page etc.. The next RJ release there was in '66.
That looks like a good one.

Back
Top Bottom