Today's Blues Playlist

Little Walter - Confessin' The Blues
Little Walter - Boss Blues Harmonica (a 2LP set)

The good news is that all three of the LPs listed above don't have that warp I mentioned earlier, I was mistaken. The bad news is that now it's going to bug me exactly which blues album has that warp.

I also realized last night that I don't have much Cotton in my collection, so I decided to just pull out Muddy's The Chess Box, instead.
Man, did Muddy have a non-stop run of all-star harp players or what?

Los Fabulocos featuring Kid Ramos
Delta Groove
That's a great change of pace album for a blues fan, IMO.

Have you checked out any of The Mannish Boys' stuff? Some tasty Ramos there, too.
Great group, with or without him.

Delta Groove is(or is it was?) a great label.

Albert Collins - The Complete Imperial Recordings

I got his first on Imperial way back when. It took me a while to get into it, it sounded a lot like funk to me. But it is innovative for its day and I appreciate it much more now. The story about Canned Heat taking him on tour which gave him exposure is worth checking out.

I have at least a couple of their CD's but only played one so far. Did not know Ramos played with them. I'll need to dig into them again.
I don't think he's on all them, their lineup is always changing.
The good news is if he's not, you'll most likely get Kirk 'Eli' Fletcher, or Frank 'Paris Slim' Goldwasser on guitar.
The second time I saw TMB all three of them were up on stage! Crazy.

I got his first on Imperial way back when. It took me a while to get into it, it sounded a lot like funk to me. But it is innovative for its day and I appreciate it much more now. The story about Canned Heat taking him on tour which gave him exposure is worth checking out.
Will do. I seem to recall that story, but forget the details. I'll give it a re-read.

Yeah, a lot of Collins stuff is funky. I like it, but the blues+funk thing gets into picky territory for me.

Fleetwood Mac ‎– Fleetwood Mac In Chicago. Featuring: Otis Spaan / Willie Dixon / Shaket Horton / J.T. Brown / Guitar Buddy / Honeyboy Edwards / S.P. Leary. 2x LP, 1969

1975 Reissue. Previously titled “Blues Jam At Chess.” Freakin' awesome.

Fleetwood-Mac_in_Chicago.jpg

Back
Top Bottom