Jazz Fusion Playlist

Larry Coryell's 11th House fusion album titled Seven Secrets releases on June 2nd !

This is the final album Coryell & Mouzon recorded a couple of months ago, and was to be the reformation of the band where it left off.

Although this band was to tour this summer, maybe guitarist & son Julian Coryell who also plays on the album (Vai & Satriani influenced) could reassemble the fellows adding a highly skilled drummer. It will be hard to fill Larry & Alphonse's shoes, but as his son maybe Julian will do something like a "Coryell plays Coryell"...like Dweezil now does for his dad Frank in "Zappa plays Zappa" tours !?! Anything is possible.

Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy

attachment.php
can you believe that I threw out my copy of elegant gypsy in the eighties, I admired it but thought at the time it was too cerebral, rather than organic.
After years of searching, recently found another. Jazz, hard to find on vinyl in provincial Australia.

Anyone out there heard of "Big Pig" aussie band, only 2 albums, hard to classify because no guitars, percussion and vocals to die for. Check out "You lucky people" Quite a following down under in their day, now a cult following. Where is Sherine now?

can you believe that I threw out my copy of elegant gypsy in the eighties, I admired it but thought at the time it was too cerebral, rather than organic.
After years of searching, recently found another. Jazz, hard to find on vinyl in provincial Australia.

I was just talking about regrets the other day. Albums I hastily traded or sold and then wished I hadn't. It happens.

Joy Ride - Joy Ride (Lee Ritenour, Miki Howard, and Roger Powell)

upload_2017-4-4_12-35-59.png
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

Steely Dan - Aja

upload_2017-4-10_13-42-14.png
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

Anyone out there heard of "Big Pig" aussie band, only 2 albums, hard to classify because no guitars, percussion and vocals to die for. Check out "You lucky people" Quite a following down under in their day, now a cult following. Where is Sherine now?
I've got their albums but haven't played in a very long time

Back
Top Bottom